Making Long Pieces Shorter

Coop

2 minutes ago, Eric. said:

If that's not contradictory, I don't know what is. :huh:  The epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face. :)

How is keeping a jig saw ready and close by not the epitome of being prepared to be lazy?

I prefer to hand saw most of the time but when feeling lazy, grab the jigsaw..

1 minute ago, Brendon_t said:

How is keeping a jig saw ready and close by not the epitome of being prepared to be lazy?

I prefer to hand saw most of the time but when feeling lazy, grab the jigsaw..

I misread:  I thought you were saying when you were feeling lazy you grabbed the handsaw.  Ignore me.  Hung over.

i use whatever is close at hand.  tracksaw, jig saw, hand saw.   I have one of those newer stanley carpenter/panel saws with the hardened tips and they get through a cross cut fairly quickly  

If I am going to buy lumber and don't have my wife's van, I will take my bosch cordless circ saw.  I know the guys at the yard can cut it, but I am a control freak and like to determine where the cut will go and not be rushed. 

4 hours ago, Mike. said:

i use whatever is close at hand.  tracksaw, jig saw, hand saw.   I have one of those newer stanley carpenter/panel saws with the hardened tips and they get through a cross cut fairly quickly  

If I am going to buy lumber and don't have my wife's van, I will take my bosch cordless circ saw.  I know the guys at the yard can cut it, but I am a control freak and like to determine where the cut will go and not be rushed. 

I do this for sheet goods as well.  The rough cut at the lumberyard is VERY rough, with lots of tearout. Cordless circular saw to the rescue.

On 5/30/2017 at 0:47 PM, Eric. said:

I misread:  I thought you were saying when you were feeling lazy you grabbed the handsaw.  Ignore me.  Hung over.

I had to go back and look as I thought the same thing!

17 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Boom.0b358d580586dd57edbb9a766f8387c0.jpg

Heck, that's Dave, @treeslayer with ink;)

Nope! Replace your avitar or whatever it's called with a current pic and the jury will decide. And I'll be darned if I will get into a debate as to which GUY is the best looking. I'm more of a clevage kind of guy. Except for that one redhead;) in Amana! 

• Like 1