Dewalt thickness planer

HMwoodworking

So my Ryobi planer kicked the bucket. I was planing down some Santos Mahogony that was really rough. The motor just quit. Brushes seemed good just done.
So I went shopping. I picked up the Dewalt dw735 planer. What an upgrade. The depth cut gage is spot on. I did a test cut using a micrometer and planed a 3/32” cut off some maple. It was only .004” off. That’s pretty good. I’ve seen different upgrades but don’t know if I need to get them. Let me know if there are some essentials I should look at. Thanks. The link below is the review I did on it.

https://youtu.be/pJLDbD2y7wM

0088B7B5-92E3-4E14-8C6D-F11F6B971A16.jpeg

6 hours ago, treeslayer said:

every time i see that truck its in the same spot, one more picture and I'm going to send you some money for gas:P

Aw hell, Dave... It's the best DC I ever had... But I got rid of the truck a few months ago, the fuel pump was going out on it. And to replace it would have meant an overhaul of the motor  New fuel pump on a 250,000 mile truck, would have forced a overhaul.  Got a 4runner for it.

• Like 1

HM,

Welcome to the forums

The more you hang out here the more you will find out that the planner you purchased Is owned by a large proportion of the membership here. ;)

What Richard mentioned above is good advice, the infeed and outfeed tables and better blades when you wear out the ones you have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HMwoodworking said:

Thanks. I’m thinking of building a drop in table for it giving me my indeed and Outfeed. 

Musing the truck bed as a dust collector is a good idea but I don’t have chickens at the moment so no need to haul my chips anywhere. 

Oh, I don't use  the chips for chickens, I live in the boondocks, so, I take the chips for a ride out here in the country at higher than legal speed, and mulch the shoulders of the 1 1/2 car wide roads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1