Caster sets on sale !

wdwerker

I have used these casters in my shop and they work quite well.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_030218_casters.htm

$26 for (4) 4" casters, 2 swivel & locking, 2 straight fixed        This configuration works well when you don't want something to drift diagonally while moving.  They have several other sets available. These were just what I was familiar with. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

I have used these casters in my shop and they work quite well.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_030218_casters.htm

$26 for (4) 4" casters, 2 swivel & locking, 2 straight fixed        This configuration works well when you don't want something to drift diagonally while moving.  They have several other sets available. These were just what I was familiar with. 

btw, they're not $26. They discount price is $40. 

The only way I have gotten better prices on those red wheeled 4" locking casters is from a wholesale source locally. I probably couldn't get a new account there today but they still take care of 30+ year customers.

Peachtree has deals on some stuff, average prices on others and some closeout type stuff of questionable quality.  Caveat emptor !

I use those 4" red one for several things too.  I have four of the swivel ones under a 15" planer.  If we have a bunch of pieces to run, we'll put a pair of sawhorses on either end.  The batch gets run through one way, and stacked on the horses, then the planer is swiveled 180 degrees, and run back the other way, so forth, and so on until the stack is the final thickness I want.  It ends up being less work than moving the stack of wood.  Since the planer grabs the piece, it doesn't really matter if it's absolutely fixed or not.

There were some casters sold (maybe still) by Woodcraft that always got good reviews.  These were similar to the Peachtree item 9503 just a bit further down on the page.  The little bit of extra money adds the double locking feature which may or may not be useful to you.

My point is that I have the Woodcraft version and the Peachtree versions and can find no difference in actual use for a cheaper price.  I have run these Peachtree casters on frequently moved, heavy items for over a decade and they work just like the day they went on. At the sale price they are a steal if you're in the market.  I still have a couple of sets picked up at a sale in the past.  Its great to already have a quality set of casters on hand when you want to build a shop cabinet or tool stand.

• 3 weeks later...