Shop Fox 8" jointer wc1741

socoj2

8 minutes ago, mat60 said:

Never for the life of me can I figure out how they  came up with the name  ... Bastard File

It came from when the file hits a slick place and slides to quickly and your fingers get jammed and torn up.  and you shout you Bastard.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Catco said:

You know nothing Jon Snow ;)

Did Snow wield a bastard sword? I never really got into Mr Martin's writing it was a tad bit to dry and boring for me. His plots and characters are awesome but the glue that holds it all together is a bit dry and crusty.

I digress the fantasy connotations aside bastard is used sometimes to describe a hybrid between 2 items. So the bastard is the hybrid between a coarse and smooth file. Similar to a bastard sword being the hybrid between a 1 handed and 2 handed sword.

5 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Did Snow wield a bastard sword? I never really got into Mr Martin's writing it was a tad bit to dry and boring for me. His plots and characters are awesome but the glue that holds it all together is a bit dry and crusty.

I digress the fantasy connotations aside bastard is used sometimes to describe a hybrid between 2 items. So the bastard is the hybrid between a coarse and smooth file. Similar to a bastard sword being the hybrid between a 1 handed and 2 handed sword.

Longclaw is Jon Snow's sword, it's the ancestral Valyrian steel bastard sword of the House Mormont.

Never read the books, too dry for me. But the show. Holy jeebus it is awesome.

And sorry for the hijack. If I was near ATL I would jump on this deal.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    walo47
    Newest Member
    walo47