Bed to Match!

..Kev

47 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Sunday mornings with the local newspaper and Sunday evening with Kev’s Videos! I sure like this. Kev, is there a reason you didn’t sand everything to 180/220 before assembly? 

Thanks Coop!

Everything was pretty well sanded but, I also knew there would be squeeze out and other stuff to deal with after the glue up.  So, just seemed easier to do the final sanding once the pieces were put together.

2 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Ah, didn’t think about the squeeze out. I sure like the looks of this. Is that yours and Mel’s collaborative design? 

Yes..  Mel did all the fusion 360 work, I threw ideas and changes at him, and the wife told us when we had it right ;)

Per my request, Mel left all the joinery decisions to me so, that's not in the drawings.  I was pretty sure the domino would be used heavily but, the panels were a bit tricky to figure out because of those corner curves ending in a rail that was also curved.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Great job Kev! Thanks for sharing.

Note to self...How is it Kev can furnish an entire room quicker than you can make a single jewelry chest ;)

When I'm not traveling for work, I do get a lot of shop time.  My kids are also grown and gone so, less obligations spent there..

Thanks!

Closet built in next..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

Great job Kev! Thanks for sharing.

Note to self...How is it Kev can furnish an entire room quicker than you can make a single jewelry chest ;)

He is fast and good!  I have no excuse, I live 4 miles from my work and I’m single and I don’t video my work!  I think he has woodworking super power!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cheeset202 said:

He is fast and good!  I have no excuse, I live 4 miles from my work and I’m single and I don’t video my work!  I think he has woodworking super power!

Totally agree! I work from home, children are all grown, and don't even know how to video my work much less edit into something enjoyable to watch :) 

• Like 1

Well, we have guests in the spare room the last several days and they said the bed was great.  Maybe they were just being nice but, they said they really appreciated the angled head board to catch a little TV at night before going to sleep.

I'm sure I'll be in enough trouble at some point to get the opportunity to test it out ;)

• Like 2