Gee-Dub's Space

gee-dub

41 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

It is a two car garage with an additional 10 feet of depth where a fourth bedroom option

You know in some of your past post I always thought that you were in a two car, but some times it seemed a little bigger then that.  Now I know!

11 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

I've got the same Jet osselating edge sander and it looks like we both added a 90 degree fence. I hope the healing goes well and you get back to full function eventually.

Yep, the fence is slightly adjustable to align for true.  I trust it implicitly for squaring at the sander.  It also keeps me from sailing things into the jointer if I don't pay close attention ;-) 

1 hour ago, Chet said:

You know in some of your past post I always thought that you were in a two car, but some times it seemed a little bigger then that.  Now I know!

When I pulled up to the house to look at it before buying, the garage door was open and the garage was empty.  I looked at that extra 10 x 22 at the rear and told SWMBO, "There's gonna have to be something really wrong with this house for me not to buy it". :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mick S said:

Very nice setup! I certainly envy your clamp collection. 

That's the result of a long running exercise.  Every time I ran out of clamps I would pick a pair or two up the next time I caught them on sale.  Downside is you need somewhere to put them :)

• Like 2

That cabinet looks quite similar to the metal storage cabinets I bought from an office supply place. I use them in the basement for general storage of stuff I don't want to get dusty. They're very economical; even not counting labor, I could hardly build them for less.

31 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Now that clamps are mentioned my eye was drawn to the monstrous red deep throat clamps. What kind and how dearly did you have to pay ? I've got a few of the deep throat heavy duty Pony clamps but those on your wall look much deeper.

Lucky me, those are some no name 7" throat clamps that were all 36" long. Picked them up for a song at a Woodworking show in 2005 from Peachtree or Penn State or one of those like outfits that didn't want to haul them home.  It pays to be the last stop on the show circuit.  The advantage was that I could go through a bunch of them and pick out a batch that all were pretty decent.  I then lopped some off at a 12" and an 18" capacity leaving a few at 36".  Having had them, even if I had to pay Bessey prices, I would recommend at least a pair of these.  They come in so handy.

15 minutes ago, drzaius said:

That cabinet looks quite similar to the metal storage cabinets I bought from an office supply place. I use them in the basement for general storage of stuff I don't want to get dusty. They're very economical; even not counting labor, I could hardly build them for less.

Too true.  A coworker and I were in the right place at the right time when an old main-frame type computer building was being cleaned out.  We each got one of those and each got an old tape reel locker.  The tape reel locker has flip-up/tuck-away doors like a barrister's bookcase and now looks like so:

5a9b145321e85_BlueCabinetRetrofit(4).jpg.aa917f421b09129a367be679a0d37ab0.jpg

I have never shied away from dumpster diving . . . within limits ;)

• Like 2