PJ882-HH Funny Noise

Chestnut

The one time I called they answered on the ring.  No menu, no back ground music, just a nice and helpful human.  She had to transfer me to another department and that went smoothly.  Everything was done and taken care of in a matter of 5 minutes or so.  I was just ordering a part, but I did call and they did answer.

• Like 1

Figured out the noise. I knew it was a bad sign with it stopped. The set pin backed out on the top pulley and the key fell out of the keyway.

Got that fixed trouble is now there is a set screw that i found on the floor and i don't know where it came from. both pulley's have both of their set screws.

This rings a bell. Wasn't there someone a couple of years back that had a Grizz with never ending problems of the same nature? Maybe Eric?

Are the pulleys steel or cast mystery metal? I they're not steel, it might be worth it to get steel pulleys. They are better in every way & not that expensive.

4 minutes ago, Chet said:

There is a set screw in the hand wheel that you adjust your fence with, at least there is on my C60

I pulled up the manual and got the size it's 5/16" x 3/8" so it looks like it's from somewhere inside. I checked every set screw location and they all have one so not sure where it came from.

My nose is running like a fire hydrant so i'm not really keen on digging further to find it. It could be from something else as well this isn't the only tool in my shop with set screws. I've also used this size for other things in the shop so yeah....

58 minutes ago, Chet said:

Or it could belong to the pervious home owner. ;)

While possible i think it's unlikely I shifted my shop around a few times before i ended up in the configuration I'm at now. Good change any thing left by the previous owner got swept up but it would be possible.

30 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Or some distracted factory worker put 2 set screws in the same hole. The slight imbalance might have caused it to vibrate out.

This seems likely, the buisness end of the set screw didn't have mar marks like it had been tighted against anything.