Vacmaster Wet Dry Vac

Mark J

On 1/27/2022 at 5:47 PM, JohnG said:

They just give the illusion of security. Like TSA approved padlocks. When it’s easy and cheap to buy your way past something, it offers nothing against anyone who is the slightest bit interested in getting past it. 

It's the same security that a cheap masterlock or most door locks (which can be trivially opened with a rake you can buy off amazon for $2) gives you. Keeps out the mostly-honest but curious.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:39 PM, Mark J said:

Actually, now that I found out you can remove these screws with a standard blade screw driver, I would argue they don't make sense anywhere.

I feel like they sell the security bits in that red case with 40 of them at ever car parts store, never mind the million places online.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:20 PM, BonPacific said:

It's the same security that a cheap masterlock or most door locks (which can be trivially opened with a rake you can buy off amazon for $2) gives you. Keeps out the mostly-honest but curious.

We used to just use a credit card to get into my in-laws lake house every time we forgot the key. My mother in law was concerned and wanted to put a deadbolt on that door. I suggest since the top half of it was glass a thief would just break the glass. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 8:25 AM, legenddc said:

We used to just use a credit card to get into my in-laws lake house every time we forgot the key. My mother in law was concerned and wanted to put a deadbolt on that door. I suggest since the top half of it was glass a thief would just break the glass. 

This is where you use a double cylinder deadbolt. So long as they aren’t in the habit of leaving the key in the interior cylinder, that is. 

On 1/28/2022 at 11:29 AM, JohnG said:

This is where you use a double cylinder deadbolt. So long as they aren’t in the habit of leaving the key in the interior cylinder, that is. 

Double deadbolts are a fire hazard. Not usually a good idea, and banned by some counties/cities for this reason.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 4:43 PM, BonPacific said:

Double deadbolts are a fire hazard. Not usually a good idea, and banned by some counties/cities for this reason.

Often the restrictions on them do not apply to doors with windows. Sure, you need to be smart about where they are used, but that’s the homeowner’s decision. 

No, I'm not hooking up any tools.  I principally use the vac to clean up around the lathe.  

I have to say the 16 gal Rigid is quite powerful.  There's more airflow and It definitely sucks harder than the Vacmaster I replaced.  In fact I wish the Rigid had high & low settings. I think using it with a ROS could present some problems.  

On 1/31/2022 at 3:13 PM, Mark J said:

No, I'm not hooking up any tools.  I principally use the vac to clean up around the lathe.  

I have to say the 16 gal Rigid is quite powerful.  There's more airflow and It definitely sucks harder than the Vacmaster I replaced.  In fact I wish the Rigid had high & low settings. I think using it with a ROS could present some problems.  

It is powerful. Yea dust collection is not very good on hand tools but what is the alternative? I used it on a miter saw and a track saw.  Track saw is okay but the miter saw (Dewalt compound miter) is terrible, almost worthless. It's not the vac it's the tools themselves... as you all know. Gotta mask up.