Convert 30" rip to 36"

Ronn W

It's a long story that involves a damaged arbor and no replacment part and a tempraroy fix, but I may be in the market for a new table saw in the next year or so.  The Laguna saw that I have has a 36" rip capacity.  The only other saw that I found with a 36" rip capcity is a Baileigh.  All others seem to be 30" or 52".   30" is not enough for kitchen cabinets and I do not have room for 52".  And I don't have a track saw.  So  here comes the question........Can the fence rails on (for example) a PM1000 be moved to the right one hole to extend the fence rails to the right?  (I never use the fence on the left side).  

For saws that use a T-square style fence, you can move the rails anyway you want. You might have to drill some holes or replace the tape, but none of that is hard. You can also just cut the 52 inch rails to 36" and shorten or remake the extension table.

Really appreciate the feedback.  I found the "build-your -saw" page on the Sawstop website - Nice.   Installed the repaired arbor in my saw and it sounds and runs like new - for now.  Now I just have to wait and see how long my temporary arbor repair lasts.