Dewalt DW735 stopped while planing board

OGJ0nny

I was running some 8/4 White Oak that was about 6'L and approx. 10"w. Accidentally lowered it too much and took a 1/8" maybe a little more bite. about halfway through the board the motor bogged down and quit before i could turn it off. The circuit switch is loose? and does reset. Sounds like it might be the circuit breaker or a brush might be stuck. Anyone have this happen before? what was the fix? 

Thanks. I'm headed to the shop now to take another look at it. I'm a noob at woodworking, only started as a hobby just over a year ago. Was freaked out after spending over $500 on Black Friday for this planer and now it's quit. I'm hoping for a simple fix. Thanks again for the quick replies. 

On my 735 If i noticed that I set it for too heavy of a cut i quickly cranked the handle to prevent overloading the motor. Just remember and don't flip the board until you've evened everything up. When planing rough material this was quite common for me to have to do.

2 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

If you find the overload tripping even with light cuts, wax the bed. And by light, I mean LIGHT. For wide boards, I take no more than 1/32" per pas.

Agreed. I take very lights cuts for performance and reduced (or no) tear out. I have been using the same planer for about 2 years.

Are you using a 20 amp dedicated circuit?