Over The Saw Light

Robby W

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mark J said:

I like it.  Are there any problems?

I had to get used to not wacking it when moving wood around, but that is the only issue so far.

2 hours ago, BillyJack said:

How much between the door and the front of the saw when closed?

From the door to the back of the saw is about six inches. From the door to the front of the saw is about 3 feet. The lights behind me cause a shadow from my body, but this light solves that.

Billy Jack - I live in North San Diego country. There are only about 50-60 days a year when I can't open the door to cut sheet goods or long boards. I have an outfeed table that folds up to close the door, and can be set up when needed. It is long enough to support ripping a full an 8 foot long sheet of plywood without it tipping off the table. One of the better shop improvements I made.

It sure what you mean about cutting backwards, bit I do feed towards the door. For longer rips, I just open the door. In fact most of the time, I have the door open. Since my shop doesn't have windows, the big door is my "window".