VizslaDad's Shop Tour

VizslaDad

6 hours ago, VizslaDad said:

I hear you on my conduit routing. Those bends were relatively easy for me to make. I learned quite a lot putting that all together. 

That sound you hear is my pulling my foot out of my mouth :wacko: I misread & thought the electrician did it. As a conduit noob, you did a great job there.

• Like 1

It's totally possible to get stuff done with kids. I wouldn't commit to anything timewise though. Especially so young they change schedules the second you get used to it.

Get a whiteboard and figure out a process for working in 20-30 minute chunks. Write it all down so you remember what to do when you go back in. Sometimes I'll sneak downstairs and set up a tool in 5-10 minutes so I can come back after they go to sleep and get into things quicker. Don't count on many free 8 hour days to get things done.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 3:30 PM, legenddc said:

It's totally possible to get stuff done with kids. I wouldn't commit to anything timewise though. Especially so young they change schedules the second you get used to it.

Get a whiteboard and figure out a process for working in 20-30 minute chunks. Write it all down so you remember what to do when you go back in. Sometimes I'll sneak downstairs and set up a tool in 5-10 minutes so I can come back after they go to sleep and get into things quicker. Don't count on many free 8 hour days to get things done.

Sage advice. Thank you. Luckily I work from home from my computer, so I can sneak project planning between meetings (or during them if I don't have to participate too much).

10 hours ago, legenddc said:

That's been a nice side effect of the pandemic. I was able to get 6 coats of finish done over the last 2 days since I'm working from home. If not it would have taken me 3-5 days to get it done.

I forgot to say in my first post, congrats on the kids! Hope you're all adjusting well and everyone is staying healthy!

Thank you. They're perfectly healthy, which is a relief considering they arrived a day shy of 34 weeks (so premature, but not extremely premature). The boys had to stay in the NICU for a few weeks before we could bring them home. I am fortunate in that I had 90 days of paid paternity leave...I don't know what we'd have done without it. My wife was on a contract job that ended shortly before the boys were born, which was good, but we went without that income until she went "back" (from home) a couple weeks ago. I also just started back up (also from home) so it's a little crazy but I couldn't be happier.