Master Bedroom King Bed

Chet

@Chet I have a MBR set coming up for our home and will watch with interest.  Really liked the end tables and look forward to the rest.  I feel you on the end grain of raised panels and the effort to make them look and feel the way I want.  The ends of panels on mass produced stuff makes me cringe ;-)  Your thread is timely for me and I appreciate the extra effort of posting the ride-a-long.

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 11:53 AM, Coop said:

I sure like the contrasting flat panels to the raised panels. 

Just wondering, what made this decision? I would have gone with one or the other, but not a combination.  What made you consider both? Creative reasoning/thinking is my guess! 

I'm not sure if i said this before but i love those nightstands! If i said it before it's worth saying again.

I really like the mixed raised and flat panel design as well. So the flat panels are going to be up like the dry assembly picture? That's opposite what I was expecting. I'm really interested to see this finished.

What did you use to cut the raised panel cove?

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 7:52 PM, wtnhighlander said:

That's looking great, Chet! Did you make that jig special for this job, or is it something you already had, and perhaps modified?

It was made just for this job.  I hang on to jigs like this, then get tired of looking at them and toss them out, then instantly have a use for one of them.  So I start the circle of life all over again.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:37 AM, RichardA said:

What I liked most about them, is if you cut your mortise a 32nd deeper for both male and female parts, you get a really tight joint that's solid, and it's still able to come apart if you have to break it down to move it.

I am a little below the surface, I'm not sure it is as much as a 1/32" though.