America.. The land of two times.

RichardA

For the most part I would rather it be left alone. But there is one reason it needs to stay. Right now many kids must walk or ride a bike in the dark to get to school. It is always safer to walk in daylight. Especially for kids. If I am right then it is a small sacrifice for me that I don't mind doing.

2 hours ago, curlyoak said:

For the most part I would rather it be left alone. But there is one reason it needs to stay. Right now many kids must walk or ride a bike in the dark to get to school. It is always safer to walk in daylight. Especially for kids. If I am right then it is a small sacrifice for me that I don't mind doing.

I don't know about your latitude, but where I live, they are leaving in the dark and getting home in the dark, anyway. 90% of the students in this county ride a bus 45 minutes or more, both ways.

On CBS Sunday Morning this morning, they said that Congress, in 1966 passed this to save energy. A couple of years ago, a study was made and just the opposite was true. I had always heard as well that it was to benefit the school kids and unless I missed it, nothing was said in this regard.