New Shop (The New Mossback Workshop)

BonPacific

Man i don't know what you talking about with the space looking tight between assembly and router table. At that picutre all I could think was "Dang that's a lot of open space....". Your space looks great, i really like the flooring and wall look it looks comfortable and spacious.

I'd probably have crammed myself into a corner, i like feeling hugged but my shop aka bumping into stuff all the time.

As someone in a 150 square foot shop, I'm so jealous of all the space you have.

Things always take longer than we think they will and, as you said, we tend to forget how far we've come. Your workshop has come together very nicely and it seems like a great place to crank out some projects in.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:55 AM, Chestnut said:

Where is your outfeed table?

Currently in the form of a couple sheets of plywood leaning against the garage door. :D Thinking I'll do something similar to Marc's.

I've got a black locust log sitting in my pile out front too if I wanted to go full-Cremona. The English bench has been working well though, even if it's way too big. I was just working on some half-lapped picture frames.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:55 AM, Chestnut said:

I also like the looks of what ever project is on your assembly table looks interesting.

Prototyping the leg assembly for a small trestle/refectory-style walnut breakfast table. I'm currently going back and forth between how much structural detail I want versus letting the woodgrain be the primary interest point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, I got my non-plumbed sink amd water station setup.

PXL_20230118_024110238.thumb.jpg.9a45d35807bb2235ae0569ee8cabab31.jpg

The sink is just connected to an old 5gal jug that I can dump out when it gets full. The "tap" is a cheap rechargable usb water pump that has pretty decent flow.

Unfortunately local laws consider all water generated inside a garage space to be blackwater, so no options for a legal greywater system, even though this will only be for hand washing, coffee/tea, and water-based finishes.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 8:54 AM, BonPacific said:

no options for a legal greywater system, even though this will only be for hand washing, coffee/tea, and water-based finishes.

I french drained mine which is pretty much invisible.  This could ease the burden of disposal at any rate.