larger squares, new and old

curlyoak

CA531945-DA1E-44DD-AC09-2CA52B9D742D.thumb.jpeg.87ec37357b2e5606f80014c0cb149351.jpeg

The old combination starrett square has a 24" blade. The newer red one is 18 x 12 inches. I have recently semi retired the combination square. It lost its square due to the frequent sliding has worn a part. I got many years so no compliant. I was amazed at the price of larger squares. I paid $175. A 26" just like it is 250. add if you want a fancy case. No case for me. Even with the crazy prices I am glad to have this square. It gets a lot of use.

Please consider posting a picture and description of your best squares.

Thanks

• Like 1

When that Craftsman combination square with the stainless steel blade seemed like it was lost for good, I ordered the only one I could find on Amazon with a stainless ruler-an Empire.

I opened it today, and checked it for square.  I was disappointed to find that it was off a tiny bit.  I wasn't going to put a lot of time in it since the Craftsman had been found, but I looked it over.  The only problem was there was the tiniest bit of paint holding the blade up on one end of the slide.  Simple fix, and now it really is a square.

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

• Like 2