Milwauke M12 Installation Drill/Driver Kit

Chestnut

Well said Chestnut. I just picked up one of these a few days ago and have been enjoying it quite a bit.

The offset has been great to get at screws close to the bottom of a cabinet or drawer slide. I haven't had a chance to use the right angle attachment yet but wanted to call out you're able to attach the other attachments to the right angle. So you can use the right angle and offset together or right angle and drill chuck.

I might grab some hex drill bits to make drilling holes and using the hex bits quicker.

The way you hold it seems pretty natural once you use it a few times. I find my thumb and index finger go on either side of the drill, not the thumb on top. You do have to move your hand to change the direction which I'm sure I'll get used to.

I haven't had my kids use it yet but I think they will be less likely to strip screws with their hand higher up on a drill the way you hold this one.

The only real negative I've found is the LED light isn't the brightest or best aimed at times, but it does works okay.

It is very compact. Here it is compared to my Dewalt 20v Atomic which is their compact series.

IMG_5600.thumb.jpeg.91d90120326ace6de2fa47f7579ae4ed.jpeg

IMG_5601.thumb.jpeg.2b5b8d01e3285ef5dc180acd3d9a36a4.jpeg

There's an M12 screwdriver too in the regular drill shape.  And it's under $50.  Milwaukee 2401-20.  If you don't care about the offset and right angle attachments and just want a direct replacement for an impact, it's all you need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 1:18 AM, krtwood said:

There's an M12 screwdriver too in the regular drill shape.  And it's under $50.  Milwaukee 2401-20.  If you don't care about the offset and right angle attachments and just want a direct replacement for an impact, it's all you need.

I have used one of those a few times, and I gave one to my mother. But I would still argue that the installation driver is better, even without considering the attachments. 

I had some thoughts about also using it for drilling pilot holes but it's certainly too slow for that.  I find it just about right for screwing though, for workshop use anyway.  Not the right tool to build a deck or something like that.

Very nice tool.

A few months ago, I was considering purchasing one of those, but I opted for the Milwaukee M12 right-angle drill instead. The price was reasonable since I didn't choose the "fuel" version, which was significantly more expensive.

The tool came in a very nice bag, similar to yours, which I repurposed immediately. The bag fits snugly under the driver's seat, where it now carries my Noco boost along with some other tools.

• 2 weeks later...