Patrick's Router Table Cabinet

PatrickHosey

One thing that I might recommend it to bottom mount that drawer slide and cut the top off of it, that way you can pull the drawer out and look right at your bits, without having to bend down. Other than that, it looks like it is going to serve you well. Congrats.

SHop furniture is a great excuse to try out new finishing techniques. Dont waste the opportunity. It also helps the cob webs and dust from sticking so much. Shellac is a nice finish, not quite as durable as poly, but repairs much nicer than poly. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I'm leaving it open for now. I've read that it helps and then I've read that it doesn't. Ya never know till you try I guess. The switch came from Rockler. Finewoodworking.com has a video on how to wire up the controls, but it didn't look like it saved much money because I got the switch on sale for $24 and free shipping.

Nice cabinet Patrick...it looks like you took your time and did it right. i ditto Sac on the drawer slide and on the DC, a router by nature makes a mess and if you route an exotic wood like Padauk for example, the shavings are more like dust than chips and you DON'T want to be breathing that. On the positive side to DC for the router, think of the router running out in the open, it generates X amount of heat that is easily dispersed. Now think of the same router at speed running in front of a fan that blows 20 Cubic Feet of air across it....per second...every second. That's dust collection at 1200 CFM if you vent the front opening properly. Add the attachment to the back of the fence to collect above the table and vent the bottom adequately and you're gold. Post a picture after you finish it. The wood looks so smooth and nice, whatever you choose will look great.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...