An Uncomfortable Request

That makes me sick. This may be common for people who work or live in the big tech world but the thought of someone attacking all of Marcs hardwork, pride, and part of his familys funding (not to mention my second home) is just plain wrong. It is nice to see the community rallying around and supporting Marc. This is one thing that we seem to see time and time again in our craft and it makes my proud to be a part of it. Cyberbully scum go pick on someone else, we have very sharp tools and know how to use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I needed and excuse / reminder to pick up your finishing book, Even though I get involved very little here I appreciate all the good things the woodwhisper brand brings to the discussion. I hope the issues resolve soon but it's obvious you have a lot of us in your corner.

I'm traveling home at the moment, but I just wanted to quickly thank everyone for all their support. I'm so humbled by this community.

Nicole, safe travels! I hope your first trip Mateo's arrival went well.....that first one can be tough.

Keep in mind that discounts can change without notice and restrictions apply. So its not something we like people to "bank" on. But here are the current offerings; The Wood Whisperer Store –20% off your entire order. Rockler Woodworking & Hardware – 10% off your online order ToolKing.com – Free Shipping! Laguna Tools – 5% discount for orders over $50. Bell Forest Products – 10% OFF any order. Wood Werks Supply – 5% OFF orders over $50 KJP Select Hardwoods (Canada)- 5% OFF any order. . CustomMade.com is offering a special discount to Guild Members! Receive 25% OFF any CustomMade subscription package. Southdale Workshop Supply (Canadian) – 5% off orders of $50 or more (some restrictions may apply). And we haven't been with GoDaddy in years. We wore out our welcome there a while back. :)

You missed an important one going on for the guild right now Marc. The special discount pricing Benchcrafted is giving to guild members for their leg, wagon and moxon vise hardware and the full benchmakers package (includes vises and other bench hardware to build a split top roubo). that's been in effect since before the roubo bench build began and will end about 6 months after the last bench build video is released. If your lookign at joining the guild and need to build a bench now's the time to hop on board. I am just a few weeks away from ordering my bench builder's package from Benchcrafted.

Marc, I am on my way to place an order at The Woodwhisperer store now and there are some woodworking tools and other somewhat high dollar purchases to be made in the near future through Amazon and I will make sure to do them using the Amazon affiliate link (I gotta rememebr to change my amazon link in my work and home browser to the Woodwhisperer amazon link).

It really sucks this has happened to you and I do hope it is a general DOS attack you got caught up in and not something specifically targeted at The Woodwhisperer site.

i assume, that if we early, then you just add it to the back end... how do we check when a guild membership ends? i think i got 12 months in november, then 3 months extension for benchcrafted... do you really want us out that far (like 23+ months)?

Yes, renewals are all additive. We actually have some folks renewed through 2015! While I certainly am not going to stop someone from renewing indefinitely, I probably wouldn't recommend it. The situation is not quite what I would call desperate, so I don't think we should have people renewing years ahead of time, unless they truly want to.

To check on your membership time, go into your account area by clicking the link at the top right of any Guild page that says "Your Account/Renew". Inside your membership area, just click on the Payment History tab. This should show you your membership start and expiration time.

I had been waiting/procrastinating this membership for a long time since I don't have a chance to log in everyday and spend a lot of time at the computer. I hope things greatly improve and I look forward to being a part of the guild. Thanks for everything you've done for the woodworking community Marc and Nicole. - Dan

Marc, you were the first woodworking podcast I found when I started getting into this "hobby" a couple of years ago when I was trying to find as much free/cheap information as possible. That has all lead to me now following well over 100 woodworking blogs, making numerous new friends over the internet and squeezing a little woodworking in as well. Thanks for all you do for this community.

Happy to support, brother. I'm already a Guildie, so went ahead and bought that t-shirt I'd been promising myself for a year! Sorry about your woes with DDOS, and good luck with the restoration and repair. Also, a great big G'day from Australia, mate!