An Uncomfortable Request

I miss the old site. Where is the forum news feed?

Could you elaborate on what you miss about the old site? All the same information is there, it's just presented in a different way. And the feeds are still here. Just click the orange RSS button at the bottom left of any forum page.

Marc:

I think Mike is referring to the five or so latest topics that used to post on your home site. The reworking of the WTO links is nice (latest posts, etc.), but seeing the new topics was a great way to catch a quick pulse of discussions.

Having the WoodTalk Online section scrolled below the main screen shot is a little tedious for me at times, but it works.

You are up early. Lit'l Mateo catch a feeding?

I guess part of it was I was used to the layout. Maybe I need to get used to it. Frans hit the nail on the head. The latest topics scroll was what I was looking for. What I did find was to click on the "new posts" link under Forums and More at the bottom. I try not to whine but sometimes it escapes me.

We are considering bringing that back. But there is already so much resident content on thewoodwhisperer.com, we really wanted to make sure we showcased the site content properly and cleanly. WTO content is a separate beast. And although the latest posts widget was handy for some (including me), I had trouble giving it priority over other content coming directly from thewoodwhisperer.com. Now, the WTO links at the bottom of the TWW home page are really only there to make folks aware that the forum exists, and that it is a separate entity from the wood whisperer site proper. This isn't in stone, but it definitely represents the direction we were hoping to take the site.

I sent a donation Marc.

I've been spending less on gasoline because I haven't been using the snow blower this winter.

So I guess the high cost of gasoline is a good thing because I could send you more because I saved more.

That's some weird logic isn't it? :wacko: Perhaps I should run for office! LOL!

Pete

• Like 1

I sent a donation Marc. I've been spending less on gasoline because I haven't been using the snow blower this winter. So I guess the high cost of gasoline is a good thing because I could send you more because I saved more. That's some weird logic isn't it? :wacko: Perhaps I should run for office! LOL! Pete

Pete,

You've already had time on the Colbert Report too so you're on your way!

• Like 1

Thought I would give a little update. First of all, we are still being hammered. The forum is being hit as well. So again, I apologize for any latency or weird issues you might experience from time to time. I would also like to add that we just got a call-back from the FBI Cyber Crime division. Frankly I didn't know there was such a thing until Nicole urged me to file a report. Should be interesting to see where this goes.

• Like 1

Marc, what's the chance that you're going to get more of the Shopmaster apron in stock? I've been eyeing it for a turning apron because of the flaps over the pockets.

I'd be happy to purchase one now to help out and let you fill the order when you get it in if you're going to be ordering more.

Marc, what's the chance that you're going to get more of the Shopmaster apron in stock?
We are ordering more. Will take a few weeks since we need to get them embroidered. So it will be some time before they make it to the store. And no need to purchase ahead of time. Thank you for the offer though.

I've been away for a few days so I missed much of the DDOS saga, but I just re-upped my membership. I hope it helps.

As a long time IT guy (8086 and Compuserv timeframe), I am very disappointed by your hosting provider charging you for the DDOS. I understand that it is taking their bandwidth and resources, but this is not your site generating the traffic, but an obvious attempt to shut you down. It's easily identifyable and you should NOT be charged for it.

Anyway, good luck with everything. Give Nicole and Mateo a big hug and remeber that all that is truely important is right there in your arms. As far as the sites go, the community has your back. You aren't going anywhere for a long time, because we all need our TWW fix.

I must be walking around with my eyes close. I knew you were having issues but did not know they were this serious. Donation sent and I hope you get things back on track. I hope that the scumbag or bags that create trouble like this get a bat right between the eyes or somewhat lower...

Just signed up for the Guild, figured I've enjoyed your free videos for long enough its time to show my support : ) I'll grab your your shop master apron as soon as its back in stock as well as a couple 18oz coffee cups its nice to see a reasonable sized cup these days. I hope you can get all your troubles sorted out soon as i can't imagine why hackers would go after a wood working site