YES...Roubo done! First wood project ever and could not be more excited for more

TDog77

Well my journey on this one is technically over (I still have to make the Moxon) but this is just the start for me in woodworking since this is my first Guild build and first actual project. I cannot thank Marc enough for this great series and fantastic instruction. Not only did I save a lot of wood by following his advice but I got a few laughs along the way and it made me feel more a part of the guild. From the moment that I was able to use the tail vice for the first time to assist in building the base I started to realize how nice it is to have a firm set of helping hands. I should also comment that I am extremely impressed with the benchcrafted hardware and am glad that I dropped the cash with them. I used Ash throughout with walnut drawbores, deadman slide and gap stop and will definitely plan some more projects using this fine wood; I don't have much to compare it to other then the maple that I used for my crosscut sled but Ash is fairly cheap in my area and I like the look and characteristics.

P.S I have been jacking around the past 1.5 hours trying to get this photo in and I am sure it won't come out. I have resized the freaking thing about 10 times to 1.2 Megs and then as soon as I attach it then it gets downsized so we will see if it works.

post-6967-0-14853400-1342484836_thumb.jp

Nice job dude! I hope the bench serves you well. As for the pictures, I intentionally restrict the file size to ease the strain on the server. A 1.2MB image file is about 10x as large as it needs to be for web viewing. Most pictures should come in between 100 and 300 kb at the most. So if you can get your pictures resized between 800 and 1200 pixels wide, you should fall into the appropriate size range.

Marc, I totally agree with your reasoning and structure but this is my first apple computer and that is where the trouble was coming from. The resizing software was giving me fits so I just did another app and now it is working fine. So much of this computer stuff is foreign to me and my teacher is trial and error!