Access to WTO Forum

Coop

Marc offered to call Verizon but mentioned he is not a customer. I have not truly had the time set aside to call and inquire but may have that time soon as school cancellation looks like a real possibility Thurs. How's the weather for you Gary? Sorry, too wise cracky? I will post what they tell me, in the thread under support that Freddie started.

On the other hand FIOS is not wireless, but it is Verizon. Makes one curious. Marc, who'd you upset at Verizon?

Just an FYI, we're trying to bring up a new theme on the TWW site. My hope is this theme is going to be less resource-intensive which will free up resources and give us more consistent performance in the forum. We've been dinking around with the new theme all day so if there's an occasional hiccup, that's the reason. In fact, the site was just down completely for about 15 minutes. Things might be bumpy tomorrow morning when we do a little more testing but we hope it will be smooth sailing after that point. 

As for the whole verizon thing, we still aren't able to offer a solution. But I would definitely encourage you to call verizon and let them know your favorite forum is loading slowly if at all and that it's consistent across all Verizon users. We have verified wireless and it could very well be wired as well, which definitely means something on Verizon's end is preventing access for you guys. When I get through the current issues I'm dealing with I'll try to call them. But as stated above, I don't know how far I'll get since I'm not a customer.

• Like 2

Marc offered to call Verizon but mentioned he is not a customer. I have not truly had the time set aside to call and inquire but may have that time soon as school cancellation looks like a real possibility Thurs. How's the weather for you Gary? Sorry, too wise cracky? I will post what they tell me, in the thread under support that Freddie started.

On the other hand FIOS is not wireless, but it is Verizon. Makes one curious. Marc, who'd you upset at Verizon?

Aw man, just arrived at work. Took almost twice as long as normal, roads were down to one lane in spots. Nasty out there today in our area!

I had to switch to company wireless this morning instead of my iPhone as a hotspot on Verizon... I hate to complain to Verizon as it is my work phone, so I'll probably just wait it out. :rolleyes:

So nobody's gonna tell K Cooper he's on double secret probation ?

I actually wondered if that was the case :wacko:

You know how when you get a speeding ticket and then for a while (a short while for me), you don't slow down, you just watch closer for the radar!

• Like 1

Cool thanks. Let's hope it keeps going in that direction. The new site is doing all kinds of behind the scenes stuff causing the server to be very sluggish tonight. In fact I'd recommend that folks try to ignore the forum tonight if possible just to ease frustration. We're letting everything run overnight and hopefully tomorrow we'll see snappier performance on all of our sites. Here's hoping! :)

• Like 1