Baby's change table

Snibley

The change table is made of Cherry with Walnut Ply for the coner shelves, the stain is a Black walnut finish, with a Poly Gloss, tried to stay true to the cherry look, but daughter wanted it to match the crib, so my vote didn't count :unsure: . It is designed to be used in the corner, as baby's room is small and this shoudn't take up to much space.  

post-16534-0-49377500-1423768848_thumb.j

post-16534-0-23403000-1423768879_thumb.j

Looks nice, though how are you securing the pad to the top? I've got a 9 month old now who would send herself and the pad flying off of that with a single kick to the wall. Not trying to be critical, like I said its a great looking piece. Just want to make sure you've considered how to secure it.

Looks nice, though how are you securing the pad to the top? I've got a 9 month old now who would send herself and the pad flying off of that with a single kick to the wall. Not trying to be critical, like I said its a great looking piece. Just want to make sure you've considered how to secure it.

Yes, it was diffinitly one that I have milled over. The solution (yet to be tested) is that pieces of Velcro are going to be sewn onto the changing pad probably stripes along all four sides and the other side of the velcro will be adheared to the change table itself, this should work enough that we are all comfortable with. That being said if it dosn't work then back to the drawing board. Also, the baby's head is towards the wall so he won't be able to kick anything that will put him in harms way.

You guys are also correct, I think it will be turned into storage area for books, clothes, or toys of some sort after it's intended use. Thanks for the comments.

Yes, it was diffinitly one that I have milled over. The solution (yet to be tested) is that pieces of Velcro are going to be sewn onto the changing pad probably stripes along all four sides and the other side of the velcro will be adheared to the change table itself, this should work enough that we are all comfortable with. That being said if it dosn't work then back to the drawing board. Also, the baby's head is towards the wall so he won't be able to kick anything that will put him in harms way.

You guys are also correct, I think it will be turned into storage area for books, clothes, or toys of some sort after it's intended use. Thanks for the comments.

I bought and used the pad below with the safety strap on a dresser I refinished for my baby's room. The strap has an anchor that you can screw down to the table, wall, etc to keep it from going flying. If you run the screw in the underside of your tabletop it shouldn't be noticeable and would be easy to remove when the baby outgrows it.

http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-4-Sided-Changing-Pad/dp/B001MS83OE/ref=sr_1_7?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1423880030&sr=1-7

It isn't as secure as the tables with rails on all four sides, but it definitely helps. Your Velcro idea sounds good too if you can secure it well to the pad. It's amazing how much force a wriggling baby can exert!

Oh, and congratulations Grandpa (or grandma?)! Is this your first?

Thanks for the reply's and ideas yes, this will be my first. My next big project for him is a rocking jeep, since my son in law and myself are both serving and retired military I thought it only fitting he should have a rocking jeep instead of a rocking horse.....but don't tell his mother.....lol