Bluetooth capable hearing protectors/muffs

Alphonse

I did some searching today for some hearing protectors like "Worktunes" but that include built-in bluetooth.   I have a lot of music on my smartphone and would like to bluetooth it to my muffs.  

I saw the notion of buying a small dongle and hanging it from a Peltor for example.   That's better than wire fed MP3 but I am looking for it with it built in, not "hung off".

My search was fruitless.  Anyone found one and used it?

Thanks for the help.

Alan

I use a dongle with a little male to male connector so it stays up close to the ear cup. Works fine for me. Sorry, I haven't seen any where the Bluetooth is completely built in.

One thing I like about this setup is that it is somewhat more "future-proof." If Bluetooth goes out of style and some other tech replaces it all I have to do is replace the dongle. As long as headphone jacks are still used these muffs will work.

I use this little receiver, its about the size of a quarter.

http://www.amazon.com/Jumbl-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Streaming-Receiver/dp/B00HJBBBL0/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1424989530&sr=8-17&keywords=bluetooth+receiver

With these earbuds:

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B003S3RFIQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424989920&sr=8-2&keywords=etymotic

With these tips:

http://www.etymotic.com/er38-17.html

I use them when I mow and running my woodworking equipment.  It is a great setup for me.  I usually have a shirt with a pocket, so I stick it in my shirt pocket.  I know it is not completely cordless but I think that would be difficult.  I can have the volume way down and still hear just fine.

I'm with Marc -- been using Etymotic products for at least a decade... I've got the Etymotic ER4P... I use mine with a iPod shuffle... Like Marc, I always have a shirt pocket... Works just fine...

I just placed an order for the Jumbl bluetooth receiver... Thanks -- didn't know about that product...

I forgot to mention, I also like this system because muff"s make you sweat. :angry:  And that little receiver last a long time. I'd say every bit of the 9-10 hours.  Plus you can use your phone and never take them out, don't forget not to yell.  I've had them at least 3-4 years. I listen to podcast and music both and never change the volume no matter what going on in the background.  I also have the full foam plugs too.  They work better than the push-in but, push-in are more convenient.

I'm just lurking picking up info .....these boys are buying dongles and hanging them from Peltors.....IDK...sounds sketchy when you don't know what these are!  Think I'll just continue with my 3M muffs and Law and Order on the TV.

I did notice Jim S2....its your first post!!! Que the music! Release the Balloons!! Welcome!  Good place to hang.  No questions are dumb and some of us actually get one right now and then.

• Like 1

I use the peltors and a FM transmitter. It's nice because I can have stuff playing on the stereo and headphones at the same time. Good when I want to take the headphones off between tasks and not have to pause WoodTalk ;)

What transmitter are you using?

• 2 months later...