I can't find a dust mask that fits....UGH

richdleber

Although a bit pricey, there are several advantages to a full-face respirator like this:

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/HONEYWELL-Full-Face-Respirator-WP43877/_/N-jdh?breadcrumbCatId=26960&fromPidp=true&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/5HB59_AS01?$smthumb$webparentimage$

Better fit, replacable cartridges, and works around facial hair (usually).

Sounds like a boxer or a hockey player, or a skating boxer.

I happen to like the North dust mask to be fairly comfortable, and I'm picky about my masks. But it does rest on your nose a bit, so you might not like it.  

You might also want to look into Positive Air pressure systems.  They either come with a belt or can be hooked up to a fixed air supply.  It's a helmet with no facial pressure at all, and the air usually blows in from the top of your head.  I've used them in both chemical and sandblasting environments and find them quite nice to use.   They do tend to be quite pricey though.  

If you already have a compressor, you could get a filter for the line, and connect a hood to that.   I'm not sure on feasibility or cost, but if you're serious about respiratory protection, and really can't find a mask you like, then you might have to spend a bit to be comfortable and safe. 

3 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Although a bit pricey, there are several advantages to a full-face respirator like this:

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/HONEYWELL-Full-Face-Respirator-WP43877/_/N-jdh?breadcrumbCatId=26960&fromPidp=true&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/5HB59_AS01?$smthumb$webparentimage$

Better fit, replacable cartridges, and works around facial hair (usually).

Those all still have a "mouth" piece that goes over your mouth and nose, prevents the face shield from fogging up.  I have a couple  of these too (also by north, and another by... I dunno off hand).  You can remove the mouth piece from these though, but expect it to fog eventually, quickly if the air is cool.    But I find I like these more when I making a LOT of dust, and It's getting in my eyes too.