Garage shop demo and remodel

Freddie

I'm lucky that my grandpa was a mechanic. He has a two car garage full on snap-on and, such. Best of the best in mechanic's tools, and everything you can think of. I really have no idea what I "need" in general mechanics tools for this and that, but when the time comes for me to put together tools for my home, I will be on a "shopping-spree" of a sort in his garage.

I'm going to be honest, I do not know what the majority of those tools are in the drawers of yours. I'm also one of those people that can only point out a handful of things under the hood of my truck. Well, anything that has a label on it.

I'm on the strong side of choosing clearvue, would the 1800 be more than enough for my small one man shop? What are the main differences between the 1800 and max in terms of performance in a small shop?

Honestly, I would suggest if you haven't already done so, a layout out of your predicted plumbing for the system. Your CFM will be determined by how much plumbing you decide to install, bends/fittings, blast gates, waste factor etc. You have plenty of overhead space so piping permanently shouldn't be an issue. Figure out how many drops you want and that should help narrow down your selection.

Short answer, at 1400cfm with a 15" impeller you will totally own the dust! So long as each location has good collection, i.e. chop saw in a hood, t.s. bladeguard collection as well as belly pan, etc. That is a nice piece of equipment, I hope you do a write up if you pull the trigger.

The trigger will be pulled, oh yes, the trigger will be pulled. My shop is only 28' deep and bench is going in the back, so the run of machines will not even make it very far back. My furthest machine will probably be about 20' away from collector. I will plan for the straightest runs possible as well, without making a science project out of it. As Jon c. Riley says, "for your health"!

The trigger will be pulled, oh yes, the trigger will be pulled. My shop is only 28' deep and bench is going in the back, so the run of machines will not even make it very far back. My furthest machine will probably be about 20' away from collector. I will plan for the straightest runs possible as well, without making a science project out of it. As Jon c. Riley says, "for your health"!

Future congrats to you :)

It's gonna be a shame to see that nice mechanic's set go.  I get it though...I sell some stuff I don't really want to sell in order to buy more woodworking tools.  Gotta feed the sickness!

Just my opinion, Freddie...but I think for such a significant auction, you should take the time to create a comprehensive list of EVERYTHING included.  You WILL make more money if you do that.  More details, more pictures...it's in your interest.  Food for thought.

It's gonna be a shame to see that nice mechanic's set go. I get it though...I sell some stuff I don't really want to sell in order to buy more woodworking tools. Gotta feed the sickness!

Just my opinion, Freddie...but I think for such a significant auction, you should take the time to create a comprehensive list of EVERYTHING included. You WILL make more money if you do that. More details, more pictures...it's in your interest. Food for thought.

Could help with SEO, too.

It's gonna be a shame to see that nice mechanic's set go.  I get it though...I sell some stuff I don't really want to sell in order to buy more woodworking tools.  Gotta feed the sickness!

Just my opinion, Freddie...but I think for such a significant auction, you should take the time to create a comprehensive list of EVERYTHING included.  You WILL make more money if you do that.  More details, more pictures...it's in your interest.  Food for thought.

You are correct Eric, but that would be an 8 page write up. Anyone who is knowledgable and knows what they are looking at will see whats there in the pictures. The drawer pictures are inventory enough and clearly show the condition and care taken, and what the buyer is getting. 

Could help with SEO, too.

The way I understand it, only words in the titles of ebay auctions are searchable...even subtitles are not.  That may have changed or I may have misunderstood at the time.  Either way, more details is rarely a bad thing.

You are correct Eric, but that would be an 8 page write up. Anyone who is knowledgable and knows what they are looking at will see whats there in the pictures. The drawer pictures are inventory enough and clearly show the condition and care taken, and what the buyer is getting. 

You're not just selling to knowledgeable people...you're selling to everyone.  A newbie mechanic or tool collector may be looking to buy his first big kit and might not feel comfortable bidding without more details.  Chances are he'll email you, and if you want his bid, you'll have to take the time to give him the list anyway.  Doing an eight page write-up is a no-brainer if I thought it might mean an extra 500 or thousand bucks.  I mean, how long would it actually take?  An hour?  Two?  Do you make $500 an hour? :)

Anyway, your tools, your auction, your decision.  Just thought I'd nudge you in the right direction, as a person who makes his living selling online. :)

Ok Eric, I'll see what I can do :) 

Im a little burnt out from listing it last night because im not an online savvy seller. I had to update all my info on ebay and paypal ,take care of my bank stuff. Then i had to wait on the phone with ebay to adjust my selling limits in order to post my auction. Overall, I basically killed my whole evening after work taking care of that. The thought of doing more exhausts me, but if it's worth the effort then sure why not!