Baby it's cold outside!

Llama

Almost makes me want to go ahead and run my finger thru the TS now and get it over with because I probably won't be able to afford health insurance next year

yeah, I know the feeling, the company I work for is luckily self insured, so that will keep us insured until they figure out how to make that illegal! Do to run your finger through the TS if it's a sawstop, it'll just cost you more money for a cartridge and blade!

I love Indiana, 30, 10, 60, and 80 all possible in the same month.

I can agree with that as I live in Kansas and today (Wednesday)  it got to 65 and was sunny, and by Friday they are predicting the high to be 34 with snow! The wind changes direction from due north to south west in a matter of an hour also.

Rog

Sooo many things to comment on!!! :)

For the extreme cold, a $15 cooler and night light sounds like the easiest and most economical way to do it.

It's interesting how each of our areas has it's own nuances - I've never experienced 30 below but I have 105 with 100% humidity in SC in the summer.  Open the half finished dishwasher and stick your head in.....that's SC in August. Christmas is a toss up....short sleeves or snow.  I'd love to be in CO wearing snow shoes for the holidays!

Obama care - many of you know I'm an insurance agent.  The best example I have is from NASCAR. A driver calls in "I've got a vibration".  That usually means something is wrong with a tire - it's coming apart, a chunk of it has come out or something.  If he doesn't make a pit stop in a few laps to change tires, something's going to blow out and he will hit the wall.  From an internal view, I can tell you, "The Affordable Care Act" (which is anything but affordable) has so many problems, it is the same as Jimmie Johnson calling in saying "I have 4 TIRES vibrating"....problem is, there is no pit stop planned.  If Skeeter is asleep in the passenger seat....you'd better wake him up 'cause he's never seen a wreck like the one that's about to happen......and heated or unheated....Titebond won't fix it either!! :P

• Like 1

Howdy fellers. On my w ay  to my mountain shop. To get there I will have to put chains on my FJ Cruiser and hopefully will be able to pull my trailer in the snow.

Not planning to do much fine woodworking unless chain saw is considered fine :)

Just a week with my wife at our slice of heaven on earth.

According to weather.com (my zip code is 81241) will have snow today Saturday and tomorrow Sunday and the rest of the week looks fine.

High temp will be 32 .. That is cold.

Howdy fellers. On my w ay to my mountain shop. To get there I will have to put chains on my FJ Cruiser and hopefully will be able to pull my trailer in the snow.

Not planning to do much fine woodworking unless chain saw is considered fine :)

Just a week with my wife at our slice of heaven on earth.

According to weather.com (my zip code is 81241) will have snow today Saturday and tomorrow Sunday and the rest of the week looks fine.

High temp will be 32 .. That is cold.

I think we need pics of said mountain shop... I'm jealous without them, but if your putting it out there, let's have some pics of the view from the tablesaw!

Normally my trailer travels full with my Festool and LN's tools plus my Bosch Table saw. I will send pictures of my empty mountain shop. Not taking any tools because this time I just want to share all my time with my bride.

It will be my pleasure

I think we need pics of said mountain shop... I'm jealous without them, but if your putting it out there, let's have some pics of the view from the tablesaw!

Normally my trailer travels full with my Festool and LN's tools plus my Bosch Table saw. I will send pictures of my empty mountain shop. Not taking any tools because this time I just want to share all my time with my bride.

It will be my pleasure

completely understand!

In my gallery you have a few pictures of my piece of heaven on earth. Only a few changes. I installed the tile, chincked the logs, installed 10" of foam insulatiopn on the cieling and also ceiling liner.

Hey Bobby....didn't you take some pictures of the cabin before?...A year or two ago? Seems I remember a really snowy road. Not at my computer now or I'd check the gallery. Mel may disagree though about those temps being cold....He probably goes in shorts when it's a balmy 30 degrees!

OK friends,you asked for it. Got in yesterday. Left Los Angeles area Saturday at 7 PM and arrived at my cabin at around 2 PM. Driving through the high passes in Utah with snow was interesting. Here are some shots of the cabin from outside and my trailer.

I need to go shopping for food ... 25 miles ... one way (50 miles round trip for beer, always worth it)

post-1482-0-88587900-1385400083_thumb.jp

post-1482-0-22870000-1385400111_thumb.jp

• Like 1

OK friends,you asked for it. Got in yesterday. Left Los Angeles area Saturday at 7 PM and arrived at my cabin at around 2 PM. Driving through the high passes in Utah with snow was interesting. Here are some shots of the cabin from outside and my trailer.

I need to go shopping for food ... 25 miles ... one way (50 miles round trip for beer, always worth it)

man I'd never get any work done there, I'd just be staring out the window at the view! Looks like a beautiful place!

Mel, what did you do about the Titebond? $15 cooler and a night light seems like the way to go.....9 degrees, I can't imagine.

Byrdie, you know not to say something like "our weather's pretty good"... where you are, one little change in the jet stream and you're digging out!

Bobby - man that's beautiful! 25 miles seems like a hike in those conditions....not as bad as .....well, hiking but you get it. Nice way to spend Thanksgiving.

Mel, what did you do about the Titebond? $15 cooler and a night light seems like the way to go.....9 degrees, I can't imagine.

I have to buy more glue. I like the idea of keeping a gallon of the stuff in the house, and using small bottles.

If my glue is fresh, should I have bonding issues in the cold? I want to start my workbench, but I don't want the thing falling apart :)

You are right ... yesterday I was ready to start working and my buddy asked me to go snowmobiling .... let's see fresh powder, virgin trails ... I had to sacrifice for the greater good. I am a giver.

man I'd never get any work done there, I'd just be staring out the window at the view! Looks like a beautiful place!

sat my wife and I went to down town Chicago for our anniversary it was 18 degrees and I wore jeans and a long sleave shirt.  living in Chicago we are used to the cold and I try to boycott the winter as long as I can every year, but after dropping my wife at the restaurant and finding a parking spot 1/2 mile a way my 2013 winter boycott ended. walk was a bit chilly and made me think my wife was right when she said " don't you want a coat" before we left.  if you tell her I said that ill deny it though

• Like 1

You are a manly man. My Colorado friends make jokes when I go out wearing all my layers.

Keep the good fight.

sat my wife and I went to down town Chicago for our anniversary it was 18 degrees and I wore jeans and a long sleave shirt.  living in Chicago we are used to the cold and I try to boycott the winter as long as I can every year, but after dropping my wife at the restaurant and finding a parking spot 1/2 mile a way my 2013 winter boycott ended. walk was a bit chilly and made me think my wife was right when she said " don't you want a coat" before we left.  if you tell her I said that ill deny it though