Deep Thoughts

Eric.

You're not old...it's a rarely-used one that nobody ever gets. I rarely use it exactly because no one gets it...which sucks because I like it's simple nature over some dreary and overly-verbose response like "I totally agree with this statement as if it were my own words spoken from my own mouth to all the world." I also like it better than "+1".

• 1 year later...

I hate when you get to the bottom of a salad, and the remnants are too small to stab with your fork but too big to scoop.  It makes me want to put the edge of the bowl in my mouth and just shovel it in.  Which is what I just did.

lost? still wondering how waxed trucks tuned into PB$J and dog poop, I always wonder why people jack their trucks up so high they need a ladder to get in, and wax the crap out of them, and never take them off road, or out in the rain? Are they compensating for something.  I have a 4X4 truck get washed twice a year and waxed once a year most times the wheels have a mud trace around them and blood still in the bed from deer hunting, That gets washed out when I wash my truck, Scares the crap of of my neighbors when they see the water turning red as it leaves the tail gate, Then I just look at them and give them a Joker smile.

8 hours ago, ncfowler said:

lost? still wondering how waxed trucks tuned into PB$J and dog poop, I always wonder why people jack their trucks up so high they need a ladder to get in, and wax the crap out of them, and never take them off road, or out in the rain? Are they compensating for something.  I have a 4X4 truck get washed twice a year and waxed once a year most times the wheels have a mud trace around them and blood still in the bed from deer hunting, That gets washed out when I wash my truck, Scares the crap of of my neighbors when they see the water turning red as it leaves the tail gate, Then I just look at them and give them a Joker smile.

What's the blood doing in the bed?  That's what a hood rack is for..

1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

What's the blood doing in the bed?  That's what a hood rack is for..

no hood rack for me, kinda hard to load up deer on the front of my truck, have a winch in my bed just for that, and besides I have a cap on it to keep all the critters off it, besides I don't like to advertise, there are times we have as many as four deer in the bed,

Maybe an Olds 98.  I don't think Chevy had the fancy grille and hood ornament.  Not sure of the year though. My family had a 1962 Olds 98.  It's what I took my driver's license test in.  It had a trunk you could probably get a dozen dead bodies in laid straight out front to back.  The driver's license test guy looked at the parallel parking space when I pulled up beside it.  He said, "I don't think it'll fit."  I asked if I could give it a try.  Road side corners were designated with cans filled with concrete holding rebar about 6 feet high.  I had been practicing, and put it an inch from the curb.  The tester asked if I could do that again, and I said, "Do I have to?"  He laughed and said no.  I asked him if he wanted to give it a try, and he said, "Hell no."

The trunk was long, but the rear wheels were well forward, so the wheelbase wasn't that long, making the parking easier.

That's a full size sedan.  Monte Carlo was more mid-sized, as was a Cutlass.  My first car was a 1970 Olds Cutlass 442, a big block muscle car, so I'm fairly familiar with Cutlass'es.  My last two years in college, I drove it to school pulling an inboard ski boat.  The ski boat had a 390 Ford Police Interceptor in it.

I found a picture.  Google has plenty.  It's an Olds 98.  https://www.google.com/search?q=1980+olds+98&tbm=isch&imgil=tR7qJdeC9O59VM%253A%253BetRZDe0UqL5ncM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.americanluxurycar.com%25252FOlds98%25252Folds98introduction2.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=tR7qJdeC9O59VM%253A%252CetRZDe0UqL5ncM%252C_&usg=__i5tfB_REgPHBEbxIwRxmLXbexpE%3D&biw=1291&bih=691&ved=0ahUKEwiK56rL49XMAhVFmh4KHUoEC9YQyjcIKA&ei=gB01V4qnIcW0esqIrLAN#imgrc=tR7qJdeC9O59VM%3A

I haven't missed the Cutlass.  It got 9 mpg at best, and less pulling the boat.  It was way too front heavy, with drum brakes all around.  I traded it on a work van in 1975 with a six cylinder and three on the tree.  I had put something like 160,000 on the Cutlass, and it was pretty tired.  The motor was rebuilt sometime after 100,000 with high compression pistons, and a fairly rank cam.  It was fun while it lasted, but I was pretty tired of it.  I had faster point to point times on the country roads around here with both the 98 Olds, and later a '68 Wildcat.  Both times badly trashed now with my Wife's WRX.

• 1 year later...

I happened to see this car, and remembered posting in this thread.   This is almost exactly like my first car, except mine had a white vinyl roof, and a white interior.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic-cars/oldsmobile’s-ultimate-muscle-car-1970-4-4-2-w-30-packs-455-inches-of-rocket-power/ar-BBDlZQY?li=BBisPVf&ocid=spartandhp