Epoxy fill

Hi All , So I am building a large (84"x32") Video mixing station. Im using 6/4 Cherry for the top. There are few small knots ( pencil eraser size) as well some little line type knots that flow with the grain. The client likes these but does not want to feel these. My thought was to prior to running this through the drum sander, fill these in with an epoxy to fill them in. Is there a better way to go? and or what epoxy or other product should I use .   thanx   

any type of resin will work I would suggest you use some scrap pieces to see if there is a problem with the finish and the epoxy.  but you can either leave it clear to show that there is a knot that goes through or you can add a little paint to your epoxy to darken your filler. personally I find it looks less finished with the clear epoxy then with a colored fill.   I find oil paint works well has good colors and mixes well.

• Like 2

Liked Duck, I like to use a slightly darker fill.  I've had good luck using transiting in epoxy (I use system three, but I would like to assume it should work in West Systems as well).  Mixing it with cherry sanding dust is also an interesting idea - you want to use the really fine dust, like flour. 

Hi guys as per normal Thanx so much all advise , In the end client did not wanna see the big knots but as well didnt mind the fluctuation in the grain , ... sooo I ended up cramming shards of wood into the holes with glue , sanding and then decorating  the look with a dark pen to match the rest of the darker striations in the board ...