I think I might steal my wife's new "tool"

My wife does a lot of arts and crafts and today just bought a new cricut. I read that the new ones will cut a lot more material than just paper. I asked PBMaster a question earlier than had to do with vinyl when I realized that my wife's cricut will also cut vinyl. 

I also read that it will cut paper backed veneer. So my question is, has anyone tried (random question) and what are the odds of doing simple marquetry with the cricut?

This is what I found on the Cricut forum:

I read that also, but she has this fancy new machine. You can buy a special cutter for harder and thicker material. I think that I am going to find myself some paperbacked veneer and give it a try. I want to make a nice box for my daughter with her name on it. I'm not artist at all, but I am hoping that I can come up with something using different veneers.

This should be in the scrap booking section of the WTO forum or, maybe sewing and knitting section  :wacko:

:D  :D  :D  Well, I was wondering how it would cut WOOD to make a veneer box. Or cut vinyl to apply to glass, inside a WOODEN frame hahaha. Im still a manly man. No need to ship me off to the knitting section haha!

sooo, is this thing like a C&C machine for people who do crafty things?

Yupp, Its made to cut thin material. Paper, cloth, cardstock etc.

I did look at a couple things made out of wood with the cricut. I don't think I like the look. I know marquetry is usually cut on a scroll saw at an angle to hide the lines. The cricut doesn't cut at an angle, so I  think the lines will be pretty obvious.