Please no, not another Roubo build thread

Sleep? We don't need no stinkin sleep.

Love those cherry pegs, gonna look killer with finish.

a3fd208ebdb5a7e9405c689c39cabc9b.jpg

Omg assembled base? Gotta throw some finish in the crisscross mortise tomorrow and install the crisscross one last time in the leg. I need to figure out how I'm going to lay the base on the top upside down. My saw horses aren't big enough to hold two slabs at once.

932feaa8ed715fb90d0d953a2d25f566.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Joint and plane a couple 2x4's, sandwich your saw horse top effectively extending them.

Looking killer tom. What's the purpose of the hole on the LF leg about a third of the way down?

With the legs draw bored, does it feel pretty sturdy already?

It's rock solid. No wobble either, I figured the concrete would be a bit uneven, so far I don't even have to shim the legs.

That hole in the left front leg is for the crisscross solo pin which is what the crisscross pivots on.

Looking awesome! What are your plans for the bottom? Open or are you going to add a shelf?

I'm going to do a shelf per the plans. Depending on how much wood I have left, I might do it in cherry. I'm not going to do the shelf immediately depending on time. Supposed to start the next project next weekend.

Sleep? We don't need no stinkin sleep.

Love those cherry pegs, gonna look killer with finish.

a3fd208ebdb5a7e9405c689c39cabc9b.jpg

Omg assembled base? Gotta throw some finish in the crisscross mortise tomorrow and install the crisscross one last time in the leg. I need to figure out how I'm going to lay the base on the top upside down. My saw horses aren't big enough to hold two slabs at once.

932feaa8ed715fb90d0d953a2d25f566.jpg

Badgers either....

Lookin great man!!

Lay a few 2x4s on the floor and shim them to flat, lay a large enough scrap of plywood (or a full sheet) over that, then a thin blanket. Place your slabs over that and check for parallel. Now you can assemble without fear of it tipping off the sawhorses.

Went to home depot, picked up some saw horse brackets, and 4 2x4s, and some 1 1/4" spax screws. I ring out and its 49 bucks. I look at my receipt and see I was rung up for 13 2x4s. Guy said let me see. I thought the price seemed 20 bucks too high. Did it again after voiding the transaction, with military discount, 23 bucks. Much better. Yay for paying attention.

Went to home depot, picked up some saw horse brackets, and 4 2x4s, and some 1 1/4" spax screws. I ring out and its 49 bucks. I look at my receipt and see I was rung up for 13 2x4s. Guy said let me see. I thought the price seemed 20 bucks too high. Did it again after voiding the transaction, with military discount, 23 bucks. Much better. Yay for paying attention.

You're in the military?

Whoa. How you get the discount? Lowes gives me 10% off for my CAC card. I'm not active, retired, but I do work for the Army.