Please no, not another Roubo build thread

Oh man, I've got a mancrush on this router. 5 minutes for this with no previous removal. Given that I have bad carpal tunnel, this router it's a piece of cake to use, comfortable, and no worries like with the 1400.

c87d0e9ddf38246f2956484d2503b6ca.jpg

cb84b6ba2209cbba3d7dd3a4da045501.jpg

0fa7460a794c72b133930b828591ce56.jpg

Quick cleanup with a bench chisel

a174a2344d9348f160b953d0763bfef3.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Do you prefer the 2200 over the 1400? I have the 1010 as my handheld but want another one that can accept 1/2" bits.

The 2200 is way more comfortable to use. I see them both having application, especially in bigger tasks. I wish I had this a few days earlier to do the other mortises that took me forever with the 1400 due to lack of power and having to take more passes. The 1400 is a bit more cumbersome with the edge guide. I use one hand to push the edge guide and 1 hand to push the router down with switch held down. I can't grip things for extended periods of time without losing feeling in my hands. I had no issue with the 2200, and was very comfortable and much more relaxed while holding it. If you're gonna be moving it around a lot, keep in mind it's pretty damn heavy, at around 17 pounds.

Just kind of puttering today. Drilled the holes for the draw bore pegs in the legs. Went and picked up a 10" long 3/8" bradpoint bit to drill the hole for the CrissCross solo pins. Made a test tenon for the legs just to make sure my draw bore holes were in a place that worked. Might give it another hour or so today and do the tenons, though I'm sure I'll have to adjust each and every one of them to get them perfectly fitting, definitely won't be able to just batch em out and not worry about it.

It's not advisable if you're plugging it into a CT vacuum and then plugging the vacuum into a 15Amp outlet. My shop is all 20 amp outlets, sans the ones that were installed when the house was built, those are used for radio, 2 hanging lights, and garage door opener.

Awesome. My ct vac is plugged into a 20amp also. I guess it means im destined to get that router Time to convince the wife....

Should be fine for intermittent use. Stopping and starting to change depths etc. , but if you were going to route using a big bit all day long separate cords would be advised.

An all day session with a 1 1/2" roundover bit in my 3.25 hp PC router( 19 lbs) wore me out and that motor was WARM !

Just kind of puttering today. Drilled the holes for the draw bore pegs in the legs. Went and picked up a 10" long 3/8" bradpoint bit to drill the hole for the CrissCross solo pins. Made a test tenon for the legs just to make sure my draw bore holes were in a place that worked. Might give it another hour or so today and do the tenons, though I'm sure I'll have to adjust each and every one of them to get them perfectly fitting, definitely won't be able to just batch em out and not worry about it.

Hey, Tom. Where did you pick up that big 10"? :D Seriously, though... that was one of the scariest propositions for me because I had to drill from each side for the Crisscross. It ended up OK, but it was one of those serious pucker factor moments for me.

Hey, Tom. Where did you pick up that big 10"? :D Seriously, though... that was one of the scariest propositions for me because I had to drill from each side for the Crisscross. It ended up OK, but it was one of those serious pucker factor moments for me.

Yea I was gonna do that, wrap the line around the front and sides. Then make my marks, however I said you know what... Long bit is worth it to keep down any chance of any mishaps. 

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/158412/FISCH-38-Inch-x-10-Inch-Long-High-Speed-Steel-Brad-Point-Drill-Bit.aspx

More stuff going on.

Cleaning up one side of the chop. So I can run in through the planer

4f29147162cf1edd97a0dc9398692db4.jpg

Chop lamination. Also milled up some cherry as end pieces to give me the 9"wide top. Blah for waiting on glue to dry. Guess that's it for chop until tomorrow, until I can final dimension the center after the glue cures. Then route the criss cross mortise (yay more playing with the 2200). Then drill a hole for the solo pin. Then more gluing, dominoes to align the wings, then shaping, chamfer and such. Leg vise install is coming. Might do tenons tonight also.

7aadd55d39ee92bc75ab006a1af03392.jpg

All my mortises are drilled for draw bore pegs. Cut some cherry 3/8 dowel, going to need another dowel, as I only got 18 from the 36" dowel. Need 8 more pegs.

daf5a3ed3bb5c143a8fc9294197bf709.jpg

Cut the first pin for the leg, tested or the criss cross fit. Tapered the pin ends using a drill and bench grinder.

f4d3ee52af218d610dbe7270b2c61184.jpg

ecb40d834a19fba91337680ca5e6ec58.jpg

1324f5b456152579948c7fc4e03022d7.jpg