Please no, not another Roubo build thread

Decided I'd Neanderthal it and flatten a board by hand, at least on 1 side. Then after 7 minutes of this I decided... Screw it, 220v here I come.

1dd2bfd25a01b2f5bd8783b12b28b34e.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

But, but, but... You can't complain really, you don't have a proper bench to work from! Jeez!

Skil saw or track saw, then finish it off by hand or sawzall !

I thought about breaking out the tracksaw for this, or using my big circular saw. I've cut all of these by hand from the get go with this build. I've got 1 more to do. Then edge the board on the jointer, rip it on the bandsaw, then joint the faces, joint the edges and run through the planer.

Duuuuuude!!!! Wrong handsaw for that job. Those of us that enjoy that work try to do as little as possible without the right tool not matter what Graham says.

I've never been a handsaw guy. It's the most aggressive saw I've got. The remainder of my saws consist of a dozuki, ryoba, gents saw, flush cut saw, coping saw, jamb saw, hack saw, and fret saw. I never break stuff like that down by hand. 

• Like 1

Vise is butta...well done.  But what the hell are you listening to?  No wonder you're going after slabs with a hand saw...your mind is gone!

I can't wait to get those slabs on the base and use that leg vise. 

That song is Krewella - Come and Get it. That would be my Murderous Mix Playlist. It's all the stuff that keeps my heartbeat up and energized. If I put on rock I get angry. There's some Rammstein, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, some random dubstep and techno, etc.

10% off for military discount. Just tell em at the register, and show a military id card

Correct. My HD has the bar code on every check out station for the military discount

This pleases me greatly. And now I'm sad since I spent $500 at Home Depot last month. Plus there is a lady at Lowes that always looks at my card then at my stunning programmer physique and is like "Military my ass." I just shrug.. I'm a civilian, not my fault, just says I have to show my card. 

I can't wait to get those slabs on the base and use that leg vise.

That song is Krewella - Come and Get it. That would be my Murderous Mix Playlist. It's all the stuff that keeps my heartbeat up and energized. If I put on rock I get angry. There's some Rammstein, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, some random dubstep and techno, etc.

I would have guessed skrilex....then again dubstep all sounds the same.

Got about 3 solid hours in the shop today after mowing the lawn.

Nice little action shot

b24d1772cfb15dfada1b7312500846ff.jpg

Finished milling the back slab. One of the boards looks like tiger maple. It's gorgeous and should've been the dovetail front board, however it'll be the back board which will still be visible.

Not sure if too many clamps, or not enough. :-P

a205e7b07d0576d8cb57fb6cb86dce70.jpg

33bca090034f7aeef063b2fb6bbd7a4a.jpg