Please no, not another Roubo build thread

My plan tomorrow, once the chop is dry is to run it through the drum sander to get it to final thickness, left it a touch oversized to account for cleanup passes. Need to drill the holes for the vise screw. Also going to put a curve at the bottom of the cherry and shape it a bit, chamfer the edges. really need to figure out how I'm gonna do the 2 3/4" acetal bushing on the leg. 35 bucks for a 1 time use forstner bit isn't my idea of smart. My circle cutter for guitar rosettes and sound holes starts at 3" as the minimum. I guess i could make a template with some MDF and cut it out with the scroll saw and clean it up with the spindle sander. Woodcraft stopped carrying circle templates for using pattern bits and bushing kits etc. 

My plan tomorrow, once the chop is dry is to run it through the drum sander to get it to final thickness, left it a touch oversized to account for cleanup passes. Need to drill the holes for the vise screw. Also going to put a curve at the bottom of the cherry and shape it a bit, chamfer the edges. really need to figure out how I'm gonna do the 2 3/4" acetal bushing on the leg. 35 bucks for a 1 time use forstner bit isn't my idea of smart. My circle cutter for guitar rosettes and sound holes starts at 3" as the minimum. I guess i could make a template with some MDF and cut it out with the scroll saw and clean it up with the spindle sander. Woodcraft stopped carrying circle templates for using pattern bits and bushing kits etc. 

I bought the bit but, it also gets used for the mantle clocks so, I get a dual purpose out of it.. 

Tom, not sure what your plans are for the chop length but I did mine per the plans and wish I had a bit more clearance between the floor and the chop.  I don't currently have enough space for floor mat to fit under.....  Eventually it will bug me enough and I will take it apart and take another 1" off the bottom I think.