Please no, not another Roubo build thread

He's rockin' and rollin' but still has a long way to go.  Base, shelf, chop and leg vise installation.  Gap-stop, deadman, dogs, flattening, rubbing with diapers...

If he's done by Tuesday morning, I'll mail him a brand new blue hundred dollar bill.

He's rockin' and rollin' but still has a long way to go.  Base, shelf, chop and leg vise installation.  Gap-stop, deadman, dogs, flattening, rubbing with diapers...

If he's done by Tuesday morning, I'll mail him a brand new blue hundred dollar bill.

No way I'll be done by Tuesday morning. However it is possible I'll be done within the next 2 weeks. I foresee the leg vise and criss cross install to be a tremendous pain to layout. Plus I'll need to make a circle template for the acetal bearing for the leg vise since I'm not buying a 3" or whatever size forstner bit to do it. Template and pattern bit to the rescue. 

No way I'll be done by Tuesday morning. However it is possible I'll be done within the next 2 weeks. I foresee the leg vise and criss cross install to be a tremendous pain to layout. Plus I'll need to make a circle template for the acetal bearing for the leg vise since I'm not buying a 3" or whatever size forstner bit to do it. Template and pattern bit to the rescue. 

I've done a couple of them now and they're really not bad..  I used a forstner bit for the bearing.

The recess that I had that catch was a bit too far, and I was able to unscrew the nutblock off. So I put those little pieces there to keep that from home. Also the depth of the channels for the nut block was 17 thou too deep. and the nut block was hitting into it, so I rabbeted it a touch

6bacae576b25120c7a700066dc31f51b.jpg

And after installing the screws in the channels the dog hole block was hitting the rail. So I cleared away some material.

Also if you notice the brad nail... I started the cut on the bandsaw and then sawed through the nail lengthwise with a hacksaw, then pulled that nail out.  Figured that was the one nail I put in the dog hole strip that would get in the way by 1/16

44d66f7b389cdae985c92bafdbf10f3a.jpg