Please no, not another Roubo build thread

You know I couldn't leave for work until this was done. Flush cut, pared off with a chisel, followed by the flush trim bit and some sanding. 

It's not a perfect match in color by a long shot, however it's flat and will never been seen, and I'll be able to rest at night knowing there are no divots in my bench, anywhere.

931ed9e08440f31fafa210d0ff1bdac8.jpg

You know I couldn't leave for work until this was done. Flush cut, pared off with a chisel, followed by the flush trim bit and some sanding. 

It's not a perfect match in color by a long shot, however it's flat and will never been seen, and I'll be able to rest at night knowing there are no divots in my bench, anywhere.

931ed9e08440f31fafa210d0ff1bdac8.jpg

Until the first project is built on the new bench, at least ....

• Like 1

Resawing the piece for the dog hole strip. I had 1/8" on the thicker side  and 1/16" to mill to get the thin side to 3/8. Somewhat of a please don't mess up moment....

1d2088870de0909129f5d1df6d0812c0.jpg

Sure enough, I realized that I didn't mill the boards to 4" wide. A few expletives later I decided to throw a couple of 1" pins  in the center of the boards (won't affect anything since there will be 2ish" of wood above the pins) to hold the pieces together to get them to 4" from 4 3/8" I couldn't get all the pins out, which usually I can. So being that my blades needed to be turned anyway to a fresh side since they were getting a little dull and leaving small ridges, I decided to hell with it and ran the thicker board through the planer and finished off the blades. Knocked the ridges down with a card scraper, and got a nice surface and a board 1 3/8" thick. 

I spent 25 minutes spinning my blades and cleaning my planer. Next up will be the routing. 

51e615e3fff7f8a31411e3df89e1c2e2.jpg

You're the man now dawg!

Wow that took a long time, and was messy, messy and messy... 5 machines running dust collection at once, kept it under control to an extent. Had the CT running on the OF1400, my dust collector running with a dust hood to catch stuff that shot out, my Jet air filter, Rigid air filter, and my shop vac. The more dogholes I did, the easier it got. I was able to feel all the stop points by the 5th one and not have to go back and make anymore passes. 

087c404cd46305178ce1b5c62ad3277a.jpg

9b687942175a87eccfe74a2e522c90d2.jpg

0eee8f3a1077756b9cc987c3058bf814.jpg

5f647016893e965c85a728043b327a93.jpg

Ran the glued up dog hole strip over the jointer and took about 14 thou off, ran it through the planer and took off about 14 thou. My top was 4.028 thick. It is now 4.000 thick, as are all the other pieces. Left it a touch thick on purpose for some wiggle room.

Now it's time for dominoes and glue, and then some Phoenix tails! Because it sounds cooler than Condor tails.

Sadly those have to wait until tonight, as I'm going to see 3 Doors down in a few hours.

0b9ee8b57ab50f8f4ed83ce95e410b51.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

They're not my favorite, however it's a huge festival carnival thing. A couple of years ago Flava Flav hosted and he yelled many an obscenity and was asked not to host again as there are lots of children present. Was quite amusing. The people I'm going with wanna see 3 Doors Down. Me, I'd probably be happy finessing the tails for the bench. Bench dog strip is glued and in clamps right now. I check the orientation of the dog holes about 40 times. That'd be one hell of a mistake.