Please no, not another Roubo build thread

Dude, you are just killing this thing! You're making us all look bad, slow down! LOL

Looks awesome, by the way. :D

I'm aiming for doghole strip tonight/tomorrow depending on how much energy I have later. Hopefully this weekend I'll get the rest of the wood milled. Would be good to get started on the legs. 

• Like 1

The bottom of the end cap wasn't completely flush with the shoulder. It was about 1/32 off and there was a gap. The shoulder plane fairy paid a visit today.

faa798a3afe4cd60e67593b34aa9bfb2.jpg

Hit the top shoulder with a few passes, after 35 minutes of honing the edge to polished razor sharp edge.

Now that's a good fit!

48d960b034265f6f8df98df94d361fd6.jpg

• Like 1

Holes and recess for the end cap barrel nuts. So far so good.

00d8125f755a93e425f0d38ea2d1a4d2.jpg

Made a little straight drilling jig out of some scrap. Drilled perfectly square, all is still really good.

ef213b05217a559a74a108daa58060fe.jpg

and on the third pic, Tom said "let their be error!" I had made a jig for my forstner bits to drill perfect straight, however the jig moved and I didn't see that it was not going into the hole I needed it to. You can see a little recess to the bottom right of the top barrel nut that's about 1/8" deep. Because I'm a perfectionist, and even though it's on the bottom of my slab, and it's just a workbench it will bother me until the day I die. So I plan on putting a piece of maple 7/8" in diameter in that little recess and gluing it and sanding it flush. (Don't judge)

4512461cefc307a01812f3eb38952283.jpg

The nuts and bolts do line up though, I drilled the barrel nut holes about 3/16" too deep so getting the bolts in requires a bit of finesse to get them threaded. Once they are threaded though it locks nicely. 

973803879ebe35fb8b1c4e9812234e54.jpg