Please no, not another Roubo build thread

My hands for the next few days. I can barely hold a fork to eat without my hands going numb and hurting.

8958e2a523dace9ec5b4c0e5b2ee3342.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I wear one of those on each hand while I sleep. I just got done wearing it for a month and a half 24x7 due to tendonitis as well. Hate those things. Bummer man.

I wear one of those on each hand while I sleep. I just got done wearing it for a month and a half 24x7 due to tendonitis as well. Hate those things. Bummer man.

This morning was brutal, my hands felt like they were on fire and my bones in my hands felt like they were being pulled apart. Sucks more than anything

This morning was brutal, my hands felt like they were on fire and my bones in my hands felt like they were being pulled apart. Sucks more than anything

I'm lucky that I'm 18 years removed from the surgery on my hands. I've forgotten what the pain was like. I just remember screaming in the middle of the night because it hurt so much. You ever thought of surgery? It messed up my guitar playing for a few months but recovery wasn't so bad really. The relief was so instantaneous that I didn't care that I was basically unable to do anything.

I'm lucky that I'm 18 years removed from the surgery on my hands. I've forgotten what the pain was like. I just remember screaming in the middle of the night because it hurt so much. You ever thought of surgery? It messed up my guitar playing for a few months but recovery wasn't so bad really. The relief was so instantaneous that I didn't care that I was basically unable to do anything.

I've thought about it. Would really suck not being able to play guitar or woodwork. :-\

I've thought about it. Would really suck not being able to play guitar or woodwork. :-\

Agreed. And back then, I was 17 and didn't have to work for a living. It would be rough today since I'm a programmer. Luckily regular life has destroyed my guitar time already so there are four guitars just hanging on the wall with a few inches of dust on them. :D Which has made me think.. "Man I bet I could get enough for that one guitar to get a Festool Track Saw and a Domino and maybe a dust extractor.. "

I guess I will be the dissenting voice. I belong to two different HOAs and both are great. They are not complete Nazis and all the rules make sense. You only hear the horror stories, but I think most just want the neighborhood to look somewhat maintained. In fact I wish ours was a little more aggressive. We have dozens, if not hundreds, of dead ash trees in peoples' yards. The city has taken out all the parkway trees but the dead yard trees still stand. I wish the HOA would force these people to take them down.

Disent away as is your right.

My only dealings with an hoa came living in Phoenix during college. 3 guys I worked with rented a house in a nicer neighborhood.

Here are a few stupid rules I remember.

The trash cans could not be left at the curb past 5:30 pm on trash day.

Potted flowers were allowed on the porch but we got sited for having a beautiful glowering aloe plant.

The garage door could not be open for more than 3 hours.

You may not perform maintainance on your own vehicle, in the drive or the garage.

Disent away as is your right.

My only dealings with an hoa came living in Phoenix during college. 3 guys I worked with rented a house in a nicer neighborhood.

Here are a few stupid rules I remember.

The trash cans could not be left at the curb past 5:30 pm on trash day.

Potted flowers were allowed on the porch but we got sited for having a beautiful glowering aloe plant.

The garage door could not be open for more than 3 hours.

You may not perform maintainance on your own vehicle, in the drive or the garage.

wait, so you couldn't work on your own car, in your own garage??? Oh hell no I say! What's the big deal with having the garage door open? Sounds like they don't want it to look like anybody lives in the neighborhood?
  • Like 1

I almost had the carpel tunnel surgery.  Almost.  I have heard too many stories of the surgery making it worse.  I found great relief in very warm, damp, chamomile compresses.  Sat for hours with that on my wrists and you could feel things letting go and relaxing.  What a relief.  The best thing I did for it was stop doing what I was doing that messed it up in the first place, a change in jobs helped there.

wait, so you couldn't work on your own car, in your own garage??? Oh hell no I say! What's the big deal with having the garage door open? Sounds like they don't want it to look like anybody lives in the neighborhood?

Exactly. They wanted the same view from every house no matter what time of day. When we got cited for having the aloe vera plant, I went to the next HOA meeting to discuss it and the whole thing was run by the Stepford Wives. No freaking wonder

Exactly. They wanted the same view from every house no matter what time of day. When we got cited for having the aloe vera plant, I went to the next HOA meeting to discuss it and the whole thing was run by the Stepford Wives. No freaking wonder

crazy... Getting cited for having a live plant... OUTDOORS!!! What a bunch of freakin' loons!

My letter to the property manager. Because I'm such a smartass s.o.b.

Patrick,

I received an annual inspection letter regarding my property stating that I had some "violations"

The first violation stated that my lawn was in need of mowing, which had been mowed 10 days prior and was not able to be mowed due to the ungodly amounts of rain we'd received. In addition, my lawn was technically not in violation as the HOA handbook and guidelines state in the last sentence of section 3.15 article B "Lawn height shall not exceed eight inches in height." Upon measuring my lawn height it was discovered to be 6" in height which is well within regulations. Given that it didn't rain over the weekend I have since mowed the lawn. With the amount of rain we've had, I would expect a little more common sense and courtesy from the person or party responsible for the inspection would at least know the correct guidelines and before pointing out a violation that did not in fact exist.

It was also noted that I needed to paint my garage door/trim and my front porch post. Both of these were painted in 2012 prior to buying the house. The front porch post appeared to be in good shape, there was some fading and wear that appeared on the garage door. I have painted the garage door and trim, and for good measure painted the porch post.

Lastly, it was noted that I needed to remove rust from my chimney cap. Again the person who performed the inspection may not have been aware that the chimney cap is made of copper and is a non-ferrous metal. Being that copper can not rust, this "violation" should be considered null, and inspectors should be properly trained and aware of building materials, their metallurgical properties, and HOA guidelines. 

In closing, the one valid violation of painting the garage door/trim has been rectified and you can close out my case. 

Please feel free to contact me at ***-***-**** if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Tom Cancelleri
  • Like 1

Good letter Tom. Having non qualified people taking pictures telling me I am in violation of the HOA rules probably would have me firing off a nastier letter. Maybe it is good the carpal tunnel is acting up, spares them of a beating or chocking some sense into them.