Please no, not another Roubo build thread

Good letter Tom. Having non qualified people taking pictures telling me I am in violation of the HOA rules probably would have me firing off a nastier letter. Maybe it is good the carpal tunnel is acting up, spares them of a beating or chocking some sense into them.

I'm not done yet. I need to inform them of their failure to maintain the common ground and the walking trail behind my house which consists of a deadtree that's visible from the back of my house. Looks hideous and they aren't doing anything about it since they fail to maintain the grounds properly =P at least that's what I'll put in the next letter

I'm with the others. They got off easy. My smart assery would have included pictures of the grass measured to the thousandth of an inch. And told them that contrary to how far they can spread their thumb and for finger apart, and to the dismay of most men, that isn't actually 8"..

• Like 2

You guys have the worst HOA's. The one I used to deal with sucked but not like that. They wouldn't let me put a window unit air conditioner in on the 2nd floor when the central air wouldn't cool the floor below 85 in the summer. Even though the unit was on the side where only the guy mowing could see it. 

My HOA really just maintains the commom grounds. We have a couple ponds and some street lanscaping they take care of. We do have some rules regarding property appearance, but they are not proactively enforced. We do not have inspections or anything like that. If a neighbor complains or you are in gross violation then you might get a letter. Like I said, for me it has been a good experience. Our common grounds look great and people make sure all there cars are in operable condition. I hear lots of HOA horror stories like yours but it doesn't need to be that way.

This is the first time they've given me any sort of "violation" they do yearly inspections apparently and they do them poorly. My garage door wasn't that bad, trust me, I wouldn't let it get that bad. 

Tom, if you ever take the plunge, don't let them talk you into doing both hands at once. Sounds

good at first, minimizing downtime and all. But it is impossible to wipe your rear with both hands in a cast.

I can't imagine. Mine were either 1 month or 2 months apart. 

My "HOA" managers are a pack of coyotes. Literally. During mating season, I can't hear my planer over all the howling!

better than the damn cats that run this place! I feel sorry for one kitten and now I have a freakin' pride!!! Apparently my coyotes are scared of cats?

Bought a new one today, as well as a new CK backpack. (Damn dog) went to woodcraft today to buy Danish oil for finishing the bench when I get to that part. I walk in and the guy says "drill is still there for you to go pick up" I laughed. played with the drill a bit, it's taunting me. I ring up and the guy says "uhhh you forgot the drill. Seriously your restraint and will power is impressive" I was there almost 2 hours hanging out. The guys there are awesome. Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Bought a new one today, as well as a new CK backpack. (Damn dog) went to woodcraft today to buy Danish oil for finishing the bench when I get to that part. I walk in and the guy says "drill is still there for you to go pick up" I laughed. played with the drill a bit, it's taunting me. I ring up and the guy says "uhhh you forgot the drill. Seriously your restraint and will power is impressive" I was there almost 2 hours hanging out. The guys there are awesome. Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Did they have to scan the credit card in your dogs stomach to ring up the Danish oil purchase?  

• Like 1

Huge pain in the ass! c813fc8e5cd5830127de237abf71575d.jpg Why you ask? Because table saws hate end grain! As I filled my whole shop with burnt maple. 256271f9193561c308bb525ac182215c.jpg I made the 45s with the Kapex and used the height stop so it wouldn't do a through cut. Bottom track is gluing now. I'll make the deadman prettier later. Not up for changing bandsaw blades right now. I'm going in the pool! Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Finally shaped the sliding deadman. I really hope once the rails are finished and waxed that the deadman slides easier towards the top instead of tilting when I push it. Thinking about drilling some holes and filling with lead and plugging to make the bottom heavier. 3bd035c5ce1c3aa6814b9058999ed5c1.jpg Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk