The Psychedelic Mallet

Eric.

I stuck it in a cardboard box with a bunch of wood chips for fear that the head will split...the katalox was out of a waxed bowl blank.  It wasn't sopping wet but I'm sure it wasn't fully seasoned, either.  I'll dig it out in a few weeks and see if it survives.  If it does...then I'll get to thumping.  If not, I'll make a prettier one. :)

If I cut one of my ears off and sent it to someone, do you think it would make my mallet famous?

If you cut it with the band saw and attach it to the mallet, you will have made a mallet with vanear. I'd say fame will most definitely follow.

Edited by Janello
  • Like 2

E, I've got a really cool  dark stain that I use for walnut boards to darken them up. I could send you some if you like

Perhaps the blood of the forehead of someone who suggests using stain would be a suitable look for The Psychedelic Mullet.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

Wow six months later it grew a smoother out the side of it. Thats so cool !

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

That Katalox is MAGIC!!!  And at ~$24 per board foot, it's way cheaper to turn something and grow your own LN planes that way.  I'm figuring if I turn a thick baseball bat and give it about a year, I'll get a #8.