No Mods/Administration allowed thread

Brendon_t

Two reasons i own a small fortune in festool and will continue buying more;

1- Not made in China like bosch, dewalt, makita, milwaukee etc. Even if i think another tool functions similarly, like the dewalt tracksaw, i will still pay more for the festool. If festool was also made in China, that would change my decision.

2- Best service i have ever experienced.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Two reasons i own a small fortune in festool and will continue buying more;

1- Not made in China like bosch, dewalt, makita, milwaukee etc. Even if i think another tool functions similarly, like the dewalt tracksaw, i will still pay more for the festool. If festool was also made in China, that would change my decision.

2- Best service i have ever experienced.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

FTR all my Makita tools are made in Japan or the UK, that includes my router, right angle drill, belt sander and jigsaw. Most of my Dewalt tools are made in Mexico. My Bosch drills are made in Switzerland.

FTR all my Makita tools are made in Japan or the UK, that includes my router, right angle drill, belt sander and jigsaw. Most of my Dewalt tools are made in Mexico. My Bosch drills are made in Switzerland.

Intersting. All my makita tools are made in China. I was at the hardware store the other day checking out most brands and about 99% was made in China. Are your tools recent? Maybe they send all the crappy made in china stuff to Canada. Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I couldn't find them bare tools when I did my research.

Back to the OP, this is not the first time Marc compares tools with Festools and his recommendation is that both tools are OK for the job.

Example:  http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/dewalt-tracksaw-review/ (track saw review, Festool vs Dewalt):  "Let me sum it all up by saying you need to be really picky to find distinctions that will make a real difference to the average woodworker."

Here you go, pretty much every tool they make that is battery powered in bare form.

http://www.cpooutlets.com/festool-bare-tools/festool-bare-tools,default,sc.html

Intersting. All my makita tools are made in China. I was at the hardware store the other day checking out most brands and about 99% was made in China. Are your tools recent? Maybe they send all the crappy made in china stuff to Canada. Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

No, they're not recent, but still available. If you're interested, I can give you the links. Cheap Makitas are made in China.

My corded bosch jigsaw is made in switzerland.  It is 4 years old.   My cordless bosch stuff is older and made in malaysia.  

I have a few festool items (kapex, domino, ct vac, ets sander) and I get great enjoyment out of these tools.  I was first turned onto festool by Marc, but I certainly don't hold it against him.  I am an adult, and am completely capable of making my own purchasing decisions, no matter who is trying to persuade me to buy a product.

i really like Marc's reviews and his open/honest approach to tooling.  He often shows alternate ways to do things and is very open about his affiliation to sponsors.

iPads and iPhones and iPods and Macbooks are all made in China - just saying.

So are most products on the planet. Just saying, when and if I have a choice between one tool being made in China and one tool being made somewhere else I will always choose the latter. That is IF I can afford it. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Also, for some reason I said "Ebay" when I mentioned fixes for Grizzly Track Saw. Youtube. I meant Youtube.com. I keep doing that.

I tend to believe that it doesn't matter where a product is made. If I have a choice, I'd choose USA over foreign. But I choose any company that buys quality parts and forces quality assurance on the manufacturing process regardless of the location. China doesn't make cheap crap because they are , they make crap because the companies outsourcing to China say "get the cost of this under $xx." And they do. We live in a global economy and if we can important some stuff from Japan and China then send them corn - well that's how it is supposed to work.