Jet Dust Collector bags

N00b-in-training

I've been using the same clear bag for 2 yrs.. Just empty it into one like Bob shows above and put it out by the street.

I tried that once and then spent 15 minutes cleaning up the mess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use these for years,  They work fine, just not see through.

bags.PNG.9ca08093720298064a146200a82c14e8.PNG

Might try that. A little fearful for overfilling since I can't visually check it.

So how does one easily wrap that metal band around these bags to make them stay? The plastic bag that came with the HF model had no through holes and it was a pain to get the plastic on the thing and tighten the band around it. I'd be down for getting some of those bags off of amazon if I can figure out an easy way to attach the bag. 

4 minutes ago, Cliff said:

So how does one easily wrap that metal band around these bags to make them stay? The plastic bag that came with the HF model had no through holes and it was a pain to get the plastic on the thing and tighten the band around it. I'd be down for getting some of those bags off of amazon if I can figure out an easy way to attach the bag. 

The Jet DC I have, DC-1100VX-5M, has a band that goes inside and pushes against the housing to hold it in place.

708657_man_EN_pdf.png

13 minutes ago, Cliff said:

I use tape to hold it up and then put the band around it. Works much better then trying to get the bag to stay up in those weak little clips.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, N00b-in-training said:

Might try that. A little fearful for overfilling since I can't visually check it

Pretty easy to tell when it is full. 

3 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

My HF has 3 clips that hold the bag in place. Otherwise, call out the wife to give you a hand.

Duck tape is your friend, the less I irritate my wife the better.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

My HF has 3 clips that hold the bag in place. Otherwise, call out the wife to give you a hand.

I seriously thought there was a secret that I was missing and didn't want to ask a dumb question.. Turns out it just sucks.

On March 7, 2016 at 6:17 PM, N00b-in-training said:

The Jet DC I have, DC-1100VX-5M, has a band that goes inside and pushes against the housing to hold it in place.

708657_man_EN_pdf.png

Does anyone have a good method of removing these bags on the jet dust collector ?, I can't seem to get mine out without destroying the bag.

1 hour ago, johneone said:

Does anyone have a good method of removing these bags on the jet dust collector ?, I can't seem to get mine out without destroying the bag.

hmm. Not sure how you're removing them but I've not destroyed one in the process yet (I've gone through 10 bags in 8 months or so). I ensure i leave enough of the bag folded over that it hangs below the steel ring. I then push that part of the bag toward the center and it snaps the ring out. I actually need to change one and I'll have my wife videotape the process. The bag is overly full so it's going to create a mess. 

Here you go. Not the best demonstration but hope you get the idea. https://vimeo.com/158267270

27 minutes ago, N00b-in-training said:

hmm. Not sure how you're removing them but I've not destroyed one in the process yet (I've gone through 10 bags in 8 months or so). I ensure i leave enough of the bag folded over that it hangs below the steel ring. I then push that part of the bag toward the center and it snaps the ring out. I actually need to change one and I'll have my wife videotape the process. The bag is overly full so it's going to create a mess. 

Here you go. Not the best demonstration but hope you get the idea. https://vimeo.com/158267270

I know sometimes it gets out of hand, but if you'll empty it before it gets that full, your cloth filter bag will not clog up as fast and I promise you, inverting a large trash bag over the top, then flipping the Jet bag over into it, doesn't make near the mess you just made, especially if done outside. And you save $5 on a new bag. Just saying?

On March 9, 2016 at 5:16 PM, N00b-in-training said:

Thanks that helps, except my ring doesn't want to pop out like that - the plastic of the bag starts to stretch and the ring doesn't move.  I guess I'll just play with it some more, must be my technique.