My take on a Pekovich table

Mick S

4 hours ago, K Cooper said:

So the blocks are away from the ash supports by a smidge, then the dominos slide in and out in the mortises if there is wood movement?

Yes. There's about a 3/16" gap between the block and the support rail. More on larger pieces.

• 3 months later...
Just now, Llama said:

The super rare and elusive, "mino" :)

Nice table! 

Spooky weird, my friend. I hadn't visited this thread in months until Ryan posted tonight. I was looking through it and noticed the "mino" for the first time at the exact moment your post popped up. 

• Like 1

I like it.  I am planning a sofa table with floating top for my daughter's new house.  After seeing your beautiful work I think I will try to lighten-up my design a little so it has less mass.  If I may ask, How long is your table and what are the dimensions of the legs?

• Like 1

That is a great table.  I couple of forum members have build versions of it.  Projects like that make FWW worth the subscription, IMO.  Really nice, clean execution.  Well done! 

14 hours ago, Ronn W said:

I like it.  I am planning a sofa table with floating top for my daughter's new house.  After seeing your beautiful work I think I will try to lighten-up my design a little so it has less mass.  If I may ask, How long is your table and what are the dimensions of the legs?

Thanks, Ronn. Here you go.

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 12.39.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 12.39.08 PM.png

20 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Hey Micks, I had mentioned I was making one at the time you put this up, I forgot all about it, so here's the one I finished shortly after you posted!

DSC01112 (800x600).jpg

DSC01109 (800x600).jpg

Nice, Richard! Not surprisingly, I really like the contrast. I think your design is more practical with the bottom shelf. I had one in an earlier sketch, but the wife liked the lighter look. 

Walnut and maple?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, micks said:

Nice, Richard! Not surprisingly, I really like the contrast. I think your design is more practical with the bottom shelf. I had one in an earlier sketch, but the wife liked the lighter look. 

Walnut and maple?

Yes, walnut and Maple, very curly with an Ambrosia streak!