So I went ahead and made it.

collinb

5 minutes ago, Llama said:

Ficksed! :) :ph34r:

Well, I don't really know him well enough to call him that.

I have  good friend who can be the biggest jerk in the world. But when ever I'm a the receiving end of his jerkiness, it's cause I've done something really stupid & need the wake up.

Hi Colin

I'm not sure I totally get the problem but if it was about the jig idea perhaps just a long grain shooting board would help https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=-8hJCgAAQBAJ&pg=PT50&lpg=PT50&dq=george+ellis+shooting+board&source=bl&ots=ktwGdg0BZQ&sig=T3rlsM3cFd1OB70kraxv0fu8p40&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjX99jAweTMAhXoD8AKHQOaDUkQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=george%20ellis%20shooting%20board&f=false

Just make sure the boards to be joined get flipped face up for one and face down for the next. There is always some degree of error when any fence or board is used. Alternating the face reference evens that out.

If that is of no help the free book linked too is a classic for good workshop practice so might prove useful for other problem solving.

• Like 1

Colin, I am very new here. I attempted to add my 2 cents on another of your threads that devolved sorta the way this one has. I cannot call myself a woodworker. I had a few experiences in middle school with shop classes and I made a few simple projects. After a tour in the service, I got married and we bought an old house that needed work. My then wife was instrumental in stoking my confidence on all sort of projects. Over my years working (now retired) I fixed this and that and built a few small projects and more importantly gained some experience using tools and aquiring them as well. So now I am comfortable and have a few more tools. Bowls, boxes hall trees, and I look at YOU TUBE and will steal ideas that interest me. Enough about me......What I have noticed reading this board is that you seem to get a kick out of kicking over the hornet's nest, it's happened too many times for you to not get some satisfaction out of jousting with wind mills. Anyway....when it comes to you and your shop, do what makes you happy....all the time and energy you spend on here, peeing into the wind could be better used on honing your skills. If you insist on doing things as they were done before the advent of electricity and power machines, then scale down and walk before you try to run.....No piling on, just an observation from a bystander, Good Luck, Colin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rex Edgar said:

Colin, I am very new here. I attempted to add my 2 cents on another of your threads that devolved sorta the way this one has. I cannot call myself a woodworker. I had a few experiences in middle school with shop classes and I made a few simple projects. After a tour in the service, I got married and we bought an old house that needed work. My then wife was instrumental in stoking my confidence on all sort of projects. Over my years working (now retired) I fixed this and that and built a few small projects and more importantly gained some experience using tools and aquiring them as well. So now I am comfortable and have a few more tools. Bowls, boxes hall trees, and I look at YOU TUBE and will steal ideas that interest me. Enough about me......What I have noticed reading this board is that you seem to get a kick out of kicking over the hornet's nest, it's happened too many times for you to not get some satisfaction out of jousting with wind mills. Anyway....when it comes to you and your shop, do what makes you happy....all the time and energy you spend on here, peeing into the wind could be better used on honing your skills. If you insist on doing things as they were done before the advent of electricity and power machines, then scale down and walk before you try to run.....No piling on, just an observation from a bystander, Good Luck, Colin

Thanks.

Not really. It started with me sharing something about my gizmo. It escalated when I was told that real woodworkers do it another way because a fence on a plane is for beginners and they think I don't need it. I'm not the one on the attack.

But you're right ... this thread is now a mess.

So no more comments or posts until my next project is completed.

• Eric. locked this topic

Thread has been locked.  Let's move on, shall we?  It's enough already.

Collin, I have no problem with anything other than your unwillingness to listen to reason.  For future reference...if you're gonna start a thread which implicitly asks for opinions, expect to get opinions and try not to fight the ones you don't like.

This thread serves no purpose at this point, and I'm tempted to delete the whole thing.  Try another one later and we'll hope for the best.

• Like 2