Dust Collection

..Kev

Yea, I have the Lexcel available and have used it before.  It's good stuff for sure.  Ended up at the big box store this morning because I didn't have any on hand so, didn't mind going with the DAP for this application.  Normally, I don't mind spending a little more to by good stuff.

2 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Did using some rubber to isolate structure borne noise cross your mind ? Or maybe the location doesn't tie to the house or shop closely ?

There is rubber at the motor so, that should help.

This is located in my garage which is not attached to the house so, shouldn't be an issue.  Easy enough to add some later if needed.  

Don't be afraid the first time you turn it on. It's a hell of a presence, your cyclone body will twist a touch, the pail if you use one of the industrial metal cans that they recommend will seal and create a ton of vacuum inside and you'll hear that in the movement of things. It's AWESOME!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

I am just curious, how many feet of duct work will you be putting in?

I don't have the final numbers yet but, the shop is roughly 30 feet long and about 20 to 25 feet (depending on where in the shop) wide.  I'm sure the actual quote with have more accurate numbers..

Just now, Chet K. said:

Seems like everything is falling ahead of schedule for you on this project.

Yea..  Murphy hasn't reared his ugly head yet but, I'm sure he will  Just a matter of when ;)

Usually the first thing to fail with a good plan is the plan ;)

19 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Awesome news! Any more info on when the Nordfab will arrive?

I approved the plan this morning so, just waiting for the quote so I can pay the bill..  1 to 2 weeks is the estimate.

28 minutes ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

I would be interested to see the ducting plan on paper versus installed, kind of side by side.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've got a printed version, I'll see if I can snag a pic of it and post it here for you Tom..

• Like 1