Dogs and noise

Pwk5017

I have 2 dogs,  both have titles in obedience and agility.  More sensitive hearing does not mean more fragile. If a noise is tolerable for you, it is OK for the dog.  Depending on you particular dog, you may have to acclimate him to the noise if he is fearful but that is fairly easy to do with a puppy.  I am a rescue dog person myself.  In any case, be sure to take him to obedience classes.  Why?  Because you will learn about your dog and your dog will learn to pay attention to you even with 10 other dogs in the room.  That's where they teach you to teach your dog.  Dogs are easy to teach, people, not so much.  One last tidbit.  Make sure you and your wife both work with your dog the same way: same rules same commands, everything so the dog has consistency.

Good luck, you may find a new best friend.

Who was it that had the badger or wolverine that lived under his porch? To me, that would be the ideal pet. I feed the doves on my drive every morning. When one doesn't show for breakfast, I assume he found a cutie, migrated or was part of opening day harvest. Either way, all is good and no vet bills!

33 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Who was it that had the badger or wolverine that lived under his porch? To me, that would be the ideal pet. I feed the doves on my drive every morning. When one doesn't show for breakfast, I assume he found a cutie, migrated or was part of opening day harvest. Either way, all is good and no vet bills!

Shane had a ground hog under his porch, i believe. I also have a ground hog, and we used to have a toad until my wife ran it over a month ago. She then tried to say it wasnt her that smashed the thing, when it was about a foot behind her rear CRV tire. Not buying it <_<

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave said:

Me too - My English Bulldog is the best dog I have had. 

I love English Bulldogs, and would like to own one some day. I am just waiting for the right time. The breed specific health issues worry me. Vet bills are pricey, plus we have a Black Lab and a Pug. Two dogs are enough for us.