Incra fence on sawstop

Yea I have the router table and it went like a dream. I can't seem to get the fence to keep from binding up and dragging on saw. Seems like I'm fighting alignment somehow with the guides and the support. I've started over and over on each step in instructions and seem to keep getting same results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm...well I'm no help.  I will say that the fence on my RT does tend to drag on the table when sliding it around...that's just inherent in the design.  Not sure there's much that can be done about that.  I know people tend to be worried about scratching their cast iron (I got over that years ago...no point in agonizing over the inevitable)...but honestly it's no different than using a miter gauge.  Light surface scratches have no effect on anything except your OCD bone...and it's par for the course...might try to get over that because it's just life.  You could try attaching very thin UHMW pads on the bottom of the fence.  May help with the binding too, if it pulls it into alignment with the head (i.e. not sagging).

The binding and alignment issues are certainly a problem.  If you posted a video I'm sure you could get a lot more help from us rather than us having to imagine what the issues could be.  It's a cool fence but honestly I don't think that many guys have them...you may have to call Incra.  That's probably your best bet anyway.

Is the misalignment possibly at the source? That is; is the plane that the base is mounted to consistent across the top of the saw. That still wasn't very clear; where the base is mounted needs to be flat and even with the top of the saw. Did I get it that time? :)

• Like 1

I have the older version on my SawStop - it works well without dragging on the saw table.  Since it's primary support is the rails maybe they are not parallel  with the table. They are not co-planer but very slightly above the table surface - less than the thickness of a piece of paper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom Crawford said:

I have the older version on my SawStop - it works well without dragging on the saw table.  Since it's primary support is the rails maybe they are not parallel  with the table. They are not co-planer but very slightly above the table surface - less than the thickness of a piece of paper.

Please confirm this, your rails are above the table??? For a saw of SS caliber I would not like this at all. A standoff usually elevates your fence so that these rails can stay below the surface. Below or flush, never above for me but I have never even seen a SawStop. 

I know nothing.

That said, I'm also confused about the post; are you saying that the fence drags on the saw table, or causes the work to bind against the blade?

My ShopFox fence specifically calls for a slightly (1/64") skew away from the blade, from the in feed side to the out feed side (about 30", I think.)   This is specifically to avoid the work binding against the saw blade.  

Sorry, if I'm way off base, here.