Bought Jessem Rout-R-2 Need suggestion for 2 hp router (motor only)

tom coleman

I ordered the Jessem Rout-R-2 lift for my Bosch 1617 in DIY benchtop table with an MDF top. I am leaning towards buying a better grade table top. I have a cash buyer in hand for my current table/fence/router at a good price. I am debating what router to buy for new table. I am just starting to investigate buying motor only. Must be 3 1/2 inch diameter

Sometimes you can find the big PC cheaper from CPO, for the whole router, than other places sell just the motor for.   I bought two factory reburbished ones that looked like only the boxes had been opened.  I thought maybe someone bought them, got scared when they opened the boxes, and sent them back.   They've been troublefree.

There's not much to ask Jessem, that lift is specifically for 3.5" router motors.  This is from the Amazon:  THIS MODEL IS DESIGNED FOR USE WITH PC 690/890, BOSCH 1617/1618, DEWALT 610/618/616, CRAFTSMAN 1754/17540/28190.  I'd pick whichever of these has the highest HP, or return the lift for one that would work with the PC 7518.  I'd guess that in this class of routers, you won't do much better than the Bosch 1617 you already have.