Knife & Box

Dknapp34

2 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Beautiful work !  Don't forget to sign & date the box. You could mention the woods used in the box and knife handle for future reference.

That damascus steel blade looks great, where did you get it ?

Got it from Woodcraft. For some reason I can't find a link to it on their website, but here it is from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Woodworking-Project-Chefs-Knife-Blade/dp/B007HZKWTA

The knife comes very sharp, but I honed it a bit on my 8000 and 16000 grit Shaptons and it cuts really well. 

7 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Very nice work sir, i've looked at those knives and they seem like a good buy, how did you attach the handle?

Thanks. Just used west systems epoxy. The kit comes with rivets, but I thought they detracted too much from the snakewood, so I didn’t use them. Epoxy should be plenty strong for a kitchen knife. If it was a heavy duty work knife, I could see wanting some extra reinforcement.

You should make a saya for it. I really like the box and handle. I've considered what it would take to make a handle for a knife. Some of the hand forged Japanese knives come with lame handles. When you spend $200+ on a knife, there is motivation to make a sweet handle for it.