Where do you put your grinder?

SawDustB

Hey guys,

I acquired (free) a 6" bench grinder that I'm thinking about adding into my shop. I'm planning on adding my dad's old lathe in the spring, so I figure it will be useful. For those of you with very cramped shops, where do you put it? I'm thinking about rigging something up so I can stick it in the metal working vise to use it. Thoughts? Pictures?

Hey guys,
I acquired (free) a 6" bench grinder that I'm thinking about adding into my shop. I'm planning on adding my dad's old lathe in the spring, so I figure it will be useful. For those of you with very cramped shops, where do you put it? I'm thinking about rigging something up so I can stick it in the metal working vise to use it. Thoughts? Pictures?
You will want to put it as close to your lathe as possible, without it being in the way. Once you start using the lathe you will find that you will need to resharpen your lathe tools more often than you expected.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Great, thanks guys. Fortunately, my garage is small enough it's pretty much impossible to be far from anything. I don't have the lathe in there yet, but I suspect I'll do most turning at the entrance or in the driveway. I didn't know if there would be any brilliant flip up solutions or something. 

• 11 months later...